1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No friends?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jenniferelaine, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

Who else here feels like they're lacking utterly in the friend department?

I have a few friends, but most of them are long-distance. The friends I have around here are pretty single-minded (we only share an interest or two..or only engage in those interests). At this point, it also hurts very badly to be around the coupled people (dating, married, whatever). I had a couple of friendships I was forging, but those were with his friends...and we all know the dynamics of breakups.

I want to GO OUT and DO THINGS. There are things that I've wanted to do since I moved to this area TWO YEARS ago. I want to go to movies, go out drinking, go play in high-speed go carts. I want to engage the things that I at least think I'm interested in. But I don't want to do it alone.

There's the catch-22. I have to go out to meet people and not be alone, but I don't want to be alone whilst doing it.

So, instead, I sit.

2. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

Similar situation as me, except the long distance friends just don't talk to me anymore, seems once I am long distance away, i don't exist.

Know the feeling of wanting to do those things, can't do it with the friends here, as they have families of there own, have a life.

Wish i could give you advice, but alas i can't, just wanted to let you know your not alone in your situation.

:hug:

3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i dont want any 'friends' you are beetter off without peopel taking this piss and stitching you up. i thought i could trust Aimee and every1 but you cant trust anyone anymore.

you say you want to do things you are interested in but I don't want to be doing iyt alone.

i say just go for it on your own!
    also you may meet new people from your interests, what are they if uyou dont mind me asking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.