No friends?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jenniferelaine, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenniferelaine

jenniferelaine Well-Known Member

Who else here feels like they're lacking utterly in the friend department?

I have a few friends, but most of them are long-distance. The friends I have around here are pretty single-minded (we only share an interest or two..or only engage in those interests). At this point, it also hurts very badly to be around the coupled people (dating, married, whatever). I had a couple of friendships I was forging, but those were with his friends...and we all know the dynamics of breakups.

I want to GO OUT and DO THINGS. There are things that I've wanted to do since I moved to this area TWO YEARS ago. I want to go to movies, go out drinking, go play in high-speed go carts. I want to engage the things that I at least think I'm interested in. But I don't want to do it alone.

There's the catch-22. I have to go out to meet people and not be alone, but I don't want to be alone whilst doing it.

So, instead, I sit.
  2. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

Similar situation as me, except the long distance friends just don't talk to me anymore, seems once I am long distance away, i don't exist.

Know the feeling of wanting to do those things, can't do it with the friends here, as they have families of there own, have a life.

Wish i could give you advice, but alas i can't, just wanted to let you know your not alone in your situation.

3. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i dont want any 'friends' you are beetter off without peopel taking this piss and stitching you up. i thought i could trust Aimee and every1 but you cant trust anyone anymore.

you say you want to do things you are interested in but I don't want to be doing iyt alone.

i say just go for it on your own!
    also you may meet new people from your interests, what are they if uyou dont mind me asking?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.