no health insurance

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by oval, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oval

oval Well-Known Member

so what do you do when you have bpd and no health insurance and nomoney to pay for it yourself? :mellow:
    i have failed at pretty much everything so far and im not motivated to do anything. i dont feel like painting or writing anymore. trying to write songs but i give up after five minutes. had a year contract at the gym so id get a routine and work out for my scoliosis and do cardio but i ende up going like 10 times total bc i felt like it was a waste of time but kept paying monthly.
    ive never been good at studying and didnt want to go to college. but now i have no idea what i wanna do and no energy to do anything. ive been invited come to people's to concerts which sound like fun bc i like the kinda music and the scene but i didnt even consider going right when they asked me bc it just seems like so much to do. i mean this is beyond lazy. everytime someone asks me to go somewhere and as much as id like to do it, deep down i know i wont go right when they ask me. i was also asked to join a band which is what ive been wanting to do for a while. but now im trying to find reasons why i wouldnt like it and how to get out of it. i dont understand that at all.
    i dont have family that i could talk about any issues and no friends that i could get support from unless i tell them something when im drunk. two people know about my suicidal thoughts and one of them (the one that was actually in the same situation) i dont have contact to anymore and i never will again. its the kind of person that you can only trust when you are extremly, extremly close to them. i pretty much let her down and havent talked to her in over a year.
    the other is my fiance, who's a very happy person. never depressed always knows the answer. just not to my questions. i highly appreciate him trying!
    how can i get medical help without health insurance and without money? i cant call a hotline over and over. that just helps temporarily
    well thanks for any answers in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
  2. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

do you live in the states?

3. oval

oval Well-Known Member

no i live in germany. i know thatll make it a bit harder to give me advice on it. but maybe someone has lived in germany before? the chance is there

4. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Many states have state sponsored health insurance programs that are very affordable if not free.

5. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

scratch that

6. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm in a similar predicament, no health ins. My problems (well the ones I suppose could be treated) are like a badly torn rotator cuff, need the upper arm muscle re-attached to my clavicle. But then I have torn tendons all over, two left fingers are shot, hips grind, knees go out. Oy vey it sucks getting old.
    An older bro had a bad problem with his index finger, turned out to be cancerous. He bumped into a nurse friend who was down from portland, who got him into the health sciences hospital up there.
    Long story short (and a shortened index finger later) he had about a 17k tab paid for by funding available.
    You can get treatment for medical stuff, it takes some proactive manouvering, hard to do when it's hard enough to do the basics as it is.
    I take it you are in the US, most places have county health services you can get advice from. Hard to actually do it, I suppose.
    I'll probably just keep tearing whats left of my body apart trying to make a living.
    oops just read, Germany. Hmm

7. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i have lived in germany for over 10 years and i find it remarkable to hear it is possible to *not* have medical insurance. if you are not working and therefor can not pay insurance, the state should pay your health insurance (covered by Hartz 4). how exactly did you get in this situation ? a (ilegal) thing we did with our polish employees in holland wen they needet to see a doctor is let them see a doctor with for example my AOK health insurance pass. allways worked, but its ilegal. not recommending it.

i presume you understand and speak german therefor...

Grundsätzlich sind ALG-II-Beziehende über die Bundesagentur für Arbeit in der gesetzlichen Krankenversicherung pflichtversichert. Die Agentur überweist den Kassen pro Person einen pauschalen Beitrag von 125 Euro sowie 15 Euro für die Pflegeversicherung.

Wenn Ihr ALG-II-Antrag abgelehnt wurde und Sie nicht familienversichert sind, müssen Sie sich selbst freiwillig versichern. Wenn Sie wiederum allein deswegen hilfebedürftig würden, weil die Kosten für Ihre freiwillige Kranken- und Pflegeversicherung so hoch sind, können Sie von der Bundesagentur für Arbeit einen Zuschuss zur Krankenversicherung bekommen. Diesen müssen Sie beantragen. Ihr Versicherungsbeitrag wird vollständig übernommen, wenn er "angemessen" erscheint.

Hartz IV und krankenversicherung

again, someone must pay for your health insurance in germany as it is illegal to NOT have one, this is not the US where they make people suffer that can not afford health insurance

try googling " hartz iv krankenkasse beitrage " if you are unemployed. what exactly is your status? it is hard to give advice without more background info

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
  8. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Wow, you learn something everyday, its illegal to not have health insurance?

Would that count for an american living in germany?

9. flyingdutchmen

yes, it is called gesetzliche Pflichtversicherung aka Forced Insurance by Law, since 01.01.2009

yes, you must offcourse meet certain conditions in order to recieve free insurance

10. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well, I have to admit, there were choices I made...
    Not finishing school, hitting "the road" as a teen, counter-culture choices as well.
    I am covered for work injuries under the required workers comp coverage, that I used a couple years ago.
    Most of my injuries were early on, and some of the ones I got while working, I just "bulled" my way through. Woodsworking in the northwest is a tough game to play, and the companies are usually small, my crew varies from 5 to 8 people, not year around work.
    At least the last contract is done, and now I play in my shop till spring :)

11. oval

oval Well-Known Member

thanks for the replies everyone! and thank you flyingdutchmen for all the details!!
    well i was born and raised in germany but my mom's side of the family is american. so i used to be on my father's insurance until i got married to my boyfriend who's currently deployed to afghanistan (army). we look at it as engadgement though since we did it to have benifits. so officially i do have the opportunity to see a doctor but the next us base is two hrs away. thats 4 hrs both ways and pretty much a half day. thatd interfere with work. im not unemployed but its a half ass job where i barely make anything. still 6hrs a day though
    btw hartz 4 is for people who are unemployed for a long period. before that you get 1,2 and 3 which i dont know to much about i have to say, but it all deals with unemployment.
    i also quit school so i got this job bc i know the owner. i wasnt kidding when i said i failed at everything lol thank you all for your replies! i really appreciate it

12. flyingdutchmen

i am aware of that, i just presumed that if you had an job you would be insured like everyone else. So what does your paspord say, american or german ? btw, how does one have a job and not have any health insurance in germany ? do you get paid black ? when i have a job in germany i am forced to pay "pflicht versicherung beitrage", it just gets deduct from my bruto salary without me being able to do something about it as it is forced by law for every working person. if you get paid black aka ilegal its a whole different story offcourse

13. victor

victor Account Closed

wow, im impressed how smart i am! lol after reading this yesterday i asked u today if ure from germany:D lol im 25 and my memory gets me worried. no more beer lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.