No hope in future

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by afraidoflife, Apr 22, 2016.

1. afraidoflife

afraidoflife Active Member

Hello. I have diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia for several years ago. However I am medicated for this and few symptoms for the last years. No admittance to hospital. However I also have a rare neurological disorder called visual-snow. It causes me black and white spots like TV static in the visual field and disturbances in evenings when this is most notable. I can not walk at night because I can't see. I have suffered visual-snow for the last 3-4 years but progressed badly the last month because I drank some vodka with my brother and his friends and girlfriend. This caused a bad spike. I am also on government disability money. I have no friends for many years and this is causing big anxiety living alone and I have no future. I really can't cope and see no way out.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear how you suffer. It's good to hear though that you are well medicated and you find it works for you. That's one very positive thing!

I can imagine the visual-snow must be really hindering. You said it's a bad spike, caused by alcohol? Does that mean it will go back down again? Is there any medication or treatment they can give you for it?

Making friends can be difficult for anyone... especially if you have anxiety. Could it be an idea for you to join social or sports clubs? Do you have some interests you could share with other people? It's a lot easier to meet people and make friends if you share some interests...
  3. afraidoflife

afraidoflife Active Member

Yes it was a bad spike by alcohol. No there is no current treatment for it. Most likely it wont go back again. I am going to go to the local Catholic Church ⛪ to try to get baptized and socialize and meet people.
  4. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Hey there
    If you want to have some friends, or find love, you have to show the world around you that you are strong, motivated, successful.
    People are attracted to positive approach, strength, and success
    its really up to you on how to do it
    you can spend your free time, perfecting your gaming skills (video games) and join teams to compete against others,
    eventually it can lead you to international tournaments. That will open a big new world of new people to meet and if you are good, people will want to become your friend.

this is just one example

other example is to go to a gym, to spend your time on body building and making the perfect body for yourself,
    at first you will be alone, and it will be super hard, but with time you will see that you develop a more attractive body, you will meet new people at the gym, they will see your success and motivation and they will be attracted to you

point is, people are attracted to good positive things, which most of the time requiring a lot of effort from us
    so find something you like, and start investing in it, time, energy, effort

good luck