no hope latly

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sato, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sato

sato New Member

I've come to the realization that live is 90% pain and 10% pleasure and the only thing that gave me reason for living was the fact that i had hope that things would get better but latly ive lost this sense of perpetual hope and find no reason to go on.i have no presence in this massive universe of ours and it seems like its no longer worth the hassle.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun sounds like you have dropped deeper into hole of depression There is hope hun it is always there just sometimes it is not in full view for us to see. I hope you can call your doctor hun get some help to get out of that dark place. Have you tried volunteering hun it will give you a reason to get up to go on. Volunteer at something that you like ok with animals with elderly visits or with children that are special needs hun Just know hun things can change reach out ok and get some help hugs
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hey Sato. Welcome to sf. I really understand that hopeless feeling. And I do think a lot of it has to do with depression, for me anyway. I dont think I ever before read Total Eclipse write about giving being an antidote for depression etc. But I do find that when I am giving then life does have a purpose. It has meaning. And I automatically do feel better about myself. . But not all people are in the position to give. Eg some people are agoraphibic and cannot get out. The more I give of myself, the more useful and less hopeless I feel. But its a matter of figuring out where I can do that. I cannot help in many ways because i empath pain. So its hard. And I am pretty much agoraphobic. Still I think what she said is great.

I will say one thing, sf has lots of people who feel the same way you do. So I hope you will keep posting. Because this is a community where you can really be honest about how you feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.