• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

No Hope

I have no career prospects. It feels like I'm just here to waste away. I don't really have any thing to look forward to it seems.
In regards to my career prospects.I'm too impatient to learn anything I constantly have to jump to different things because I get frustrated at a lack of progress. I'm not talented at anything. I'm not intelligent in the slightest. I'm horrible at math. I'm not creative or artistically talented. The list could go on. I feel stuck in my life and I want out but I constantly get stopped by my own limitations. I'm not satisfied being a menial worker, but I'm not good enough to be anything more.

Sorry that you're going through this.

What parts are hardest to deal with? For example, would you be ok with being a very talented but equally poor artist?
Yeah because at least I would have something out there. At the very least I created something. A lot of people have gone unappreciated in their lifetimes

Ok, if you don't mind if I ask, how would you rank

Income
Status
Enjoyment of task
Coworker relationships
Mastery of skills
Stress

...and anything else work-related

While there might not be a perfect match for you, there's probably something else that you could do that you would prefer.

If you're eligible, there's vocational assistance for people with disabilities in many places. If you're depressed or suicidal, that may mean that you qualify.

If you could just get some good career counseling, things could probably get better.

Your top three concerns seem like things that are relatively easy to find a match for compared to the bottom three.

Marga

I have no career prospects. It feels like I'm just here to waste away. I don't really have any thing to look forward to it seems.
In regards to my career prospects.I'm too impatient to learn anything I constantly have to jump to different things because I get frustrated at a lack of progress. I'm not talented at anything. I'm not intelligent in the slightest. I'm horrible at math. I'm not creative or artistically talented. The list could go on. I feel stuck in my life and I want out but I constantly get stopped by my own limitations. I'm not satisfied being a menial worker, but I'm not good enough to be anything more.
Hi Toastofbant, how old are you? Are you currently still studying or working already? In which area have you studied (if you did) or did some short-term work?

Hi Toastofbant, how old are you? Are you currently still studying or working already? In which area have you studied (if you did) or did some short-term work?
I work at a automotive electronics manufacturer. I'm studying a lot of things on the side. Neuroscience, philosophy, history, language, music theory. I'm not at University if that is what you meant. I'm too stupid for that

LOSTINSIGHT

Ide ease the pressure off yourself,,your young,,are you type A personality?,,figure out your personality type to get out of your own way ..
The world we live in is highly narcissistic,,90% of social media is fake.
I was deeply unconscious at your age ,,it ruined me ,,you seem aware and open to answers ,,kudos .
Be very careful feeding envy and resentment,,I swam in it and drowned .
You won't feel like it but you have to find something to be grateful for (I know its hard when in the storm).in todays world having a job is a good start.
Your biggest fight is with yourself ,,the EGO is so powerful.
I know your pain in regards height, im not tall myself ,,somewhere we have to find radical acceptance.
I know what the bullying is like ,,we eventually internalise it .find a way to process the pain in ways it doesn't harm others .
Total respect to you .

I'm studying a lot of things on the side. Neuroscience, philosophy, history, language, music theory. I'm not at University if that is what you meant. I'm too stupid for that
If you are studying these things on your own time for reasons of personal interest, it sounds very unlikely that you are "too stupid" for University.

Marga

I work at a automotive electronics manufacturer. I'm studying a lot of things on the side. Neuroscience, philosophy, history, language, music theory. I'm not at University if that is what you meant. I'm too stupid for that
Hi, it is great that you have such interesra along you job. I don't think you are stupid for not studying at university. I actually believe that the idea that smart people study at university and stupid people don't is completely wrong. I know a lot of very intelligent and able people who didn't study much, as well as university graduates who are no good workers. There are many examples of famous succesful people without degrees. University is great but shouldn't be overrated. Many people keep on studying just because they are too scared/lazy to start working!😆
I understand that you don't like menial job, as you say, as it is not very satisfactory. Would you maybe have a perspective of gradually getting to do some better job within the manufacturer you are working for now? That way you could gain some experience and skills and then move on to somewhere else...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$255.00