No idea why I'm doing this...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by 621, Jul 5, 2016.

1. 621

621 Member

Somehow I got redirected here from <mod edit - dangerous website>. Still no clue what possessed me to try forums. But I guess my research led me here, so here I am. Let's see where this idea goes.

Hello! Thank you for taking an interest in my thread. Without having to explain my entire life story-- somehow I just pictured a comedic scene where the MC groans and goes, *Here comes his life story... right in the middle of battle... which no one totally wants to hear..."--

Er hem. Anyway, I'm a 24-year-old NEET, frustrated at the lack of control over the direction of my life since I dropped out of college. And yes, depressed.

Current hobbies:
    • Reading fanfiction, never completely satisfied with any that I read.
      • Currently in the Harry Potter fandom.
    • Playing LoL. Above average at best, which adds to my frustration because I really can't seem to play better than my current skill level.
      • Love the support role. Hate the toxic community. Thankfully, I haven't become one of them, though I do have my moments of weakness. I main Sona.
    • Music. No specific artists, some specific songs that appeal to me here and there, some old, some new, but mostly instrumental because those are abstract which accompanies my mood better most of the time.
      • Currently playing: Oniwabanshu Kyoto Tansakugata - Rurouni Kenshin OST.mp3
    • Youtube. Comedy, movie reviews, LoL... so I can see how everyone else is so much better than me *sad face*.
    • Daydreaming while staring into space for hours. Someday... I will... write my own fanfiction. It's a small dream, I know. Cut the depressed guy some slack ^_^
    I hope this wasn't too much for an introduction. Haven't spoken to anyone for more than two years now, and I mean that literally. I don't 'Talk' because there's no one to talk to. And the ones that are present... well family issues and all that jazz :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  2. I'm glad I came across your post 621. It seems like you have varied interests there. What sort of games do you enjoy playing? I'm not a gamer myself but I love to hear what other people are interested in. Sometimes it's good to get out of my bubble and find out what other people are going through. I hope you are doing well and that you find a way to thrive in your current space. Praying for you.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find SF helps you. I had to google what NEET was lol I'm a 27 year old NEET so don't feel too bad. I hope you are feeling somewhat better today, i'm glad you posted here and got your thoughts and feelings out. Does it help to talk? Did writing here make you feel any better? (hugs)

4. Sarah171

Sarah171 Member

Welcome to the group! It's nice to meet you! I'm glad you found this group! It's great to be able to have a social connection with people, and the internet is a good starting point. I know it's hard not to feel down on yourself when you don't meet certain goals, but remember, you are young and have an amazing future ahead you :) Set small, attainable goals for yourself and celebrate when you achieve them! Every step forward is a step in the right direction. We're here for and we look forward to getting to know you

5. 621

621 Member

Thank you for the warm welcome, all of you.

@ICanSpellThornwell - Right now LoL is the only game I'm playing. I used to play a lot of games before, even downloading them through torrents. But now, reading and daydreaming takes up most of my time. It's really a case of when there's nothing interesting to read, or I get bored of searching for something interesting to read, or if my monitor keeps blacking out (which means I've been staring at it for 30 mins and my keyboard/mouse is inactive. I set it that way so I don't fall into the habit of staring at a blank monitor for hours and lose track of time), then that's the only time I do play LoL; to keep my mind busy with something.

@Petal - I don't know if writing here helped. It's too early to tell. Apathy, I guess? That best describes how I feel about all this at the moment. I don't know, maybe just getting into the habit of talking to people will help?

@Sarah171 - Yeah, it's hard not to indulge in self-pity. I have this PC to distract me now though. Doesn't always help.

P.S. I'm sorry mr./ms. moderator, for the mention of the dangerous site. I only mentioned it vaguely, no links and stuff, but I guess that was still too much.

6. @621 I've not played LoL but it does look pretty great. It's been a while since I've played a MMORPG. The last one I remember was Final Fantasy (I don't even remember which version). I hope you are doing well. Thanks for responding.

7. Sarah171

Sarah171 Member

Just remember you have friends here, so message any of us if you feel like talking. Even small talk is a good start to get our minds off things :) .............oh and also, I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan, do you like LOTR?

8. 621

621 Member

@ICanSpellThornwell - I feel somewhat awkward, being thanked for responding, the good kind of awkward though. Hope you're doing well too. I like Final Fantasy, 8th one was my favorite. When I was in highschool, I used to play that way past my curfew. I remember waiting for my parents to fall asleep before I sneak off to play. Then I realize the sun is up, and well... oh... school... *pats myself on the back*. Good job me, for being a model student. Sometimes I got caught too. Wasn't fun being grounded.

@Sarah171 - Thanks. Yeah, I like it. I have the extended cut blu-rays of the original trilogy. Haven't gotten around to watching the hobbit trilogy though. Which reminds me, I haven't read the books either. I'm a little stuck in fanfic land for now. Writers there come up with the craziest ideas. Sometimes I see a parody of the Gandalf Balrog scene in their stories, always puts a smile on my face; it never gets old.

9. 621

621 Member

On a side note, there doesn't seem to be an option to edit my own posts. My ocd does not approve. I guess if I don't point out the error, then no one will notice?

10. @621 I used to also welcome the sun at about the 8th hour of FF7. I never got into 8 as much. I used to also love Brave Fencer Musashi, Legend of Legaia, and the Grandia series.

11. Sarah171

Sarah171 Member

Yes! I have the extended LOTRs too! Oh you must see the Hobbit trilogy, it's awesome! :-D

ICanSpellThornwell likes this.