• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

No job i want

LostInDreamland

I need to get a job to pay bills and such but I can't find a job that appeals to me even as something I would be willing to do part time. I have worked a number of jobs and many different kind of jobs. I have a high level of anxiety associated with jobs and job searching. The best job I think was driving for uber but I didn't make enough doing that and with [other circumstances] I am no longer willing to do that. It was however not stressful because I could do it at my own pace and if I wasn't feeling up to it I could just not drive and I didn't have to feel guilty leaving others without help. So I am stuck, I need to pay rent and other bills but have no way of doing so. I will be going back to university this fall but I don't know what my financial aid will look like yet and won't know for probably another month. I have no desire to move back in with my parents (I'm 26) and they don't want me to move back in either (though I think if it was absolutely necessary they would let me). I am an adult and I like having my own space (I don't ever want to get a roommate again either). Job stuff just stresses me out so much. I wouldn't mind sitting at a desk doing secretarial jobs ( I don't think anyway) but there aren't really any around here. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. When my anxiety is high I get paralyzed so I end up doing nothing and time flies away from me.

I kind of just rambled so sorry if it jumps a bit.

LostInDreamland

University is currently closed (summer vacation) and I can't get a job on campus until I get my financial aid stuff worked out (hopefully by next month). Library sounds good to me but the public library is also shut down right now unfortunately

Maybe you'd be eligible for vocational assistance for people with disabilities. They might be able to help you find something that's a good match, or give you some job training.

Lane

SF Supporter
I need to get a job to pay bills and such but I can't find a job that appeals to me even as something I would be willing to do part time. I have worked a number of jobs and many different kind of jobs. I have a high level of anxiety associated with jobs and job searching. The best job I think was driving for uber but I didn't make enough doing that and with [other circumstances] I am no longer willing to do that. It was however not stressful because I could do it at my own pace and if I wasn't feeling up to it I could just not drive and I didn't have to feel guilty leaving others without help. So I am stuck, I need to pay rent and other bills but have no way of doing so. I will be going back to university this fall but I don't know what my financial aid will look like yet and won't know for probably another month. I have no desire to move back in with my parents (I'm 26) and they don't want me to move back in either (though I think if it was absolutely necessary they would let me). I am an adult and I like having my own space (I don't ever want to get a roommate again either). Job stuff just stresses me out so much. I wouldn't mind sitting at a desk doing secretarial jobs ( I don't think anyway) but there aren't really any around here. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. When my anxiety is high I get paralyzed so I end up doing nothing and time flies away from me.

I kind of just rambled so sorry if it jumps a bit.
Are restaurants open in Wisconsin? As a waiter you can always make cash in tips. Also you're moving if you like to be active while you figure out what you want to do next.

No worries about rambling, for me it's how I think. I hope your anxiety lessens.

LostInDreamland

may71 I don't know anything about vocational rehab here. I am not sure I qualify.

Lane There are restaurants open here but I can't work food service of any kind. I have a service dog so that isn't an option.

Thank you both for replying

Ixtab

I’m disabled would love to work but no one hires me and I’m scared of losing my insurance. Last job I had was awesome but I quit them in a shitty was having psych problems. I’m too embarrassed to go back.

Ixtab

It’s an auction that specializes in parting out going out of business places and auctioning all the stuff online. While I worked there a yacht club, pawn shops, boat repair place, an old farm with nineteenth century tools, all kinds of hoarder stuff. The people are professional and no drug test.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00