No job, no career? So What!

Lonz

I suspect my friend who died felt herself a failure. She was on disability, and though she was likely of higher than average IQ, I bet her depression and ilnesses interferred with any quest for higher education. She'd spend her days socializing, hanging out, playing pool, etc. I have sometimes wondered what it would be like to live on disability. I'm sure there would be things I'd dislike about it. But, you know, I miss her so badly, I'd tell her that we all valued her so much, she shouldn't feel ashamed about any of it. Being our friend was a noble career. Dammit. We'd all like to not work. To have time for hobbies and volunteer work, etc. But, I bet those on disability just see the stigma. Afterall, this is the country where the first question we're asked is, "What do you do?" Imagine having no answer, or having to lie?

Screw people's expectations. Being our friend is career enough.

Lonz

Allo..

=) your right, why should you have an answer.. You are you, and the path you choose in life is your Choice.

Take care. _%

M
All i know is work doesnt make you happy unless you enjoy your job...not many do. The money side of it is one of the few redeeming factors. Ive worked for years on end..and been depressed the entire time...If someone asks you what you do, just say "im in between jobs" or "i could tell you, but id have to kill you" :). Seriously, people are far too hung up on jobs, careers and phat wallets.

Being on disability is no picnic I have been on it for 4 years and wish I could work anywere and do anything even a minamim wage job but yes money is life and with no money it is hard to live life.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00