No Job, No Money. What Shoud I Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANyone here living in a third-world (PH) country like i do? It's so hard to find a job. But before you judge me, here's my story.

I Dont have any college degree and i always wanted to become a web developer. That's my skill and It's my dream, and it's clear that i won't ever get it. I can't afford to go to school because you know, food and evryday living is more important.

SO i tried applying in a call center and no luck. The reason? I should work on my english spoken more. But i can't. It won't happen in just one night or week, it takes years of practice and i need an immediate job.

I Also tried freelancing but no one seems interested in me.

I also want to work in a production environment but I'm always intimidated because of my body type. I'm a skinny guy and can't do heavy liftings.

I Don't know what to do. I'm good at computer operation but here in our country only people with college degree have the opportunity to work on that kind of environment. I'm stuck, I'm confused, I'm lost. please Tell me what's the best thing to do. Should i give up my dream? :(

Sorry to hear this

I don't know if maybe you could do freelance web development.

Maybe if you visit sites related to web development, they will be able to advise you on what to do

My guess is that if you talk to people who are doing the kind of work you want to do, your chances of finding a job in the field will improve

Thauoy

I wish I could help you but don't know how to advise or console you. Just think that someone does care about the hurt you feel. Just remember you are important and please be safe. Please keep posted and share your feelings. I am glad you join this forum. Best wishes and hugs. Take care.

By the way, Which country do you belong ?

Pia86

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmdIV-Snx8o
ANyone here living in a third-world (PH) country like i do? It's so hard to find a job. But before you judge me, here's my story.

I Dont have any college degree and i always wanted to become a web developer. That's my skill and It's my dream, and it's clear that i won't ever get it. I can't afford to go to school because you know, food and every day living is more important.

SO i tried applying in a call center and no luck. The reason? I should work on my English spoken more. But i can't. It won't happen in just one night or week, it takes years of practice and i need an immediate job.

I Also tried freelancing but no one seems interested in me.

I also want to work in a production environment but I'm always intimidated because of my body type. I'm a skinny guy and can't do heavy liftings.

I Don't know what to do. I'm good at computer operation but here in our country only people with college degree have the opportunity to work on that kind of environment. I'm stuck, I'm confused, I'm lost. please Tell me what's the best thing to do. Should i give up my dream? :(
I am really perfect person to answer you on this and everything what you said I completely understand! WOULD YOU NEED TO GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM?? NOOOO!!!

If you give up, well then you will never know if you maybe pushed up yourself more and investing more knowledge and gain skills, WHO KNOWS WHERE YOU COULD BE!

I am freelancer myself, graphic design and there is 10000000000 people who might be much more skilled and better then me, and half of them is it!

GOOD NEWS its that most of freelancers dont ask mostly for your collage degrees, most of them wants things to be done proper.

I understand English language might be issue in some things, for example I have really wonderful voice for doing voice overs but well I English it is not my native language and I have different accent so my chances are very low, but STILL if that would be my dream I would never GIVE UP!

Online jobs are more and more popular from individuals, small companies and big companies who are looking for talented people.

I dropped high school, I was never thinking that I will someday work as a graphic designer and photo editor.

By myself I learned so many things and I can say I am very proud on what I did, because I did not go to school for that, then believing that I can do it too, because I found myself there.

After that I started to creating logos and designs for companies around the world, and yes I did not even finish high school and guess what? No one did not asked me that, I offered my services and they picked me.

Now when I am really struggling with myself and my own problems, my incomes are lower but working on the new website and project which I believe it will be a great success in the end, and I WILL NEVER GIVE UP, because first I work what I LOVE, that is my purpose, creation, and second when you really love something, you will always be SO GREAT IN THAT! Because you will naturally want to improve yourself more and more.

Find your start, be patient and learn..there are bunch on free courses now online and on Youtube or on Google, look for it. If you really want it, you will sussced in that!

TRUST ME, many people started from nothing and they managed to have a nice incomes from that, but you have to be willing to learning and looking, focusing on yourself not so much on others who might do better, because you will just feel less confident.

If I finished high school even, I would work as a administration assistant and I would be unhappy.

I never believed I could actually sell some pieces of my artworks to 100-300 and 1000 USA dollars, but I did!

DONT GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS! ♥

Here is why I love this story about Abraham Lincoln.

READ THIS!

http://www.life-with-confidence.com/inspirational-confidence-story-Abraham-Lincoln.html

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hey there
You should never give up on your dreams... unless they cease to be your dreams any longer.
That being said, you also have to eat and have a place to live.
It is said that you should look for a job at the crossroads where passion and money will collide. So whereas you've got the passion for web developing it's not going to bring you money right now. What kind of job *can* you get right now? You mentioned you are unable to do a call center but there must be other jobs in the area. What do your friends do? What do others in your area do? People your age do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00