No love out there...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

for 40-something man who doesn't know himself nor love himself. What to do, what to do. I know! Sleep my life away.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just replying to say I'm listening if you want to talk. What about yourself don't you know, or is it everything?

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

What are your hobbies? Your interests? Find things that you enjoy doing and devote your time into those things. Collect or write or make music. Take up art or photography. Expand your soul. Go out and join non-profit groups and donate your time to helping at fund raising events or in helping feed the homeless or mentoring with youth. Make life something to fulfill yourself with.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Sleeping the rest of your life away i not much of an answer. In the 40+ years that you have been around, you must have some inkling about the kind of person you are. You can see it in everything you do each day, how you act on a problem, how you manage life's uncertainties; every word that you write, the way you read every word in a book, the music you listen to. Even the way you brush your teeth.
    What is there of yourself is there for a reason. Do not discard it so casually as you would a tissue. Work out what means most in your life and work towards it.

5. windywave

windywave Well-Known Member

you can love others... do you like cats? you can foster an orphan kitty. or you can try something else like volunteering at a community garden.

6. rv498

rv498 Well-Known Member

I feel you, I'll be 40 this year. I don't know what to do with myself. I tried to meet people but sometimes it ends in a bitter argument. Just saying the wrong things prevent me from meeting people. I resort to books and videogames. They help me out a bit.

7. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Thanks for your support. It's just that I feel the world looks at me a lot different than when it looked at me in my 20s and 30s. It was easier for me to be more social back then. The world expects me to make a commitment, get married, start a family. I'm feeling self conscious as a late 40s single guy. but I know I'm in no condition to get married.

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

*nods* Yeah, I get where you're coming from now. I'm 35, and everytime I see certain members of my family, they ask me why I'm not married yet, when I'm going to find the right guy... stuff like that. When they do it constantly, it gets old. It's like it's expected of people after a certain age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.