No love

Status
Not open for further replies.

dont

I honestly don't know what to do anymore. I'm in high school and I work so hard at everything I do. I work twice as hard as anyone else in my school due to my low income and I barely manage to keep up.
I feel like I'm never appreciated and that my work and life is always subpar to the other kids'. I was supposed to receive an award today that was owed and promised to me for years and it was just taken
and given to a new kid. I can't take it. I'm crying and everyone knows my situation is hard, but nobody wants to help me. I feel like this entire school is like an inner circle that I'm not a part of. I'm always
left out to crumble. People keep rejecting me and expecting for me to say "It's ok, I understand" and I say it. I say it with a straight face but deep down I'm crying. I am never good enough for anybody and nobody wants me.
I don't know what to do.
Please help

you can connect with other people, but you are in a difficult position right now. you don't have to compare yourself to others.

does your school have counciling? you may be able to get some free or low cost counciling outside of your school, maybe in a community health center

I hope that things can get better soon! I'm really tired right now, and I need to go to bed. I'll try to post again.

Please keep posting here and on other threads and tell us more about what is going on

this is a good community, you will find that there are lots of folks here just like you and lots of people trying to help

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Hi and welcome...make yourself better than 'good enough' in the future so that you can be the inspiration for someone else who is going through what you are going through now, and never forget to pay it forward...when you become whatever wonderful you are meant to be, find kids who are in the situation you are in now and be a mentor or a sponsor...you have all you need, award or not (which does stink not getting it, shame on them!) and make sure the world gets to see your shining star...hard work and strategic planning does pay off...I am a testimony to that...please do not become bitter nor let this stop you from getting what you want...many truly wise people spent years struggling until they found something that was their passion...look for that and do it in a humble and graceful way...no one can take that away from you...I am so impressed with you and how your expressed yourself...remember, there are people here and other places that truly care...those are the moments to hold on to...again, that is a part of your spirit no one can steal...there is a Zen Story, called, The Moon Cannot be Stolen (I think this is the correct title) which presents how to remain dignified with indignity surrounding you...this again is something you have the power to do...big hugs and I wish I could give you that award, although your intellegence and your caring is its own reward...welcome and please continue to post...also, PM me if you ever need to be reminded where the true gifts in life are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00