No man knows date of Lord's return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chargette

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

These are the words of Jesus from the King James Bible

Last edited by a moderator:

zzz

And what is this supposed transitional phase
The transitional phase has been underway for some time; it’s commonly referred to as waking up.

Imagine that we are all actors on a stage.

Imagine how unhealthy your state of consciousness would be if you were somehow limited to the belief that you were in fact the role you were playing. If someone ran off with your sword you would get upset, angry and resentful, seeking revenge.

You would start to compare yourself with others and develop an attitude of superiority or inferiority depending on the role you were playing.

To somebody in the audience you would appear completely insane.

And insane we are.

We have forgotten that we are the actors.

And the drama we are playing would become distorted and eventually end in complete chaos.

And this is happening.

Whilst lost in confusion, hatred and fear, there may come a moment when you stand back, look at what’s happening and think: what the hell is going on, this is insane, something’s wrong.

This can trigger a memory in you and give you an experience of your true and original consciousness.

This brings realisation and a deep feeling for a need to change.

Waking up is realising that you are the actor and not the role you are playing.

An actor is completely sane, enjoys the drama, gets everything he needs to play his role, and has no problems.

This transition from insane to sane, ignorant to enlightened is very painful but we are all going to have to do it.

Phteven

I would imagine the majority of christians believe as you do that no one knows the date of judgement day, and probably think those that are saying it (like most recently a familyradio host) are just, well crazy to claim they know. But my curiosity begs me to ask, do all christians believe in judgement day or the return of the lord or however you want to phrase it, as described in the bible? I never believe that part when i was a christian just curious if i was in the minority or majority....

Does that mean that a woman knows when he is coming?
It means that religious fanatics can keep coming to your day every week trying to drop off pamphlets and scare you into believing of the magic man floating in the sky who supposedly gave you free will so you'll do everything he says.

Oh and brainwashed children scared of the dark, that means you Christians, don't bother telling me I am wrong, I don't care.

Zurkhardo

In the United States at least, around 44% of Americans believe the world is going to end in their lifetimes. My concern is what this means for a society's long-term viability when nearly half of the populace thinks it's all going to be over anyway. Why fight poverty, improve the school system, or make the world a better place? It's borderline nihilistic to just keep faith in God and basically wait to die.

Mystic

In the United States at least, around 44% of Americans believe the world is going to end in their lifetimes. My concern is what this means for a society's long-term viability when nearly half of the populace thinks it's all going to be over anyway. Why fight poverty, improve the school system, or make the world a better place? It's borderline nihilistic to just keep faith in God and basically wait to die.
The worst thing is, a lot of people believe this is about to happen in October this year, with the 'Rapture' occuring on May 21st. People are selling thier things off and spending all their money because they are totally convinced its going to happen - based on one person picking out a load of numbers out of the bible and coming up with this date. And the best bit is they claim this wonderful all-caring fatherly god of thiers is going to destroy the world in October. Why, is this god person even thinking about this? (of course, its all happened before in Genesis).

The gullibility and blind stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Chargette

The worst thing is, a lot of people believe this is about to happen in October this year, with the 'Rapture' occuring on May 21st. People are selling thier things off and spending all their money because they are totally convinced its going to happen - based on one person picking out a load of numbers out of the bible and coming up with this date. And the best bit is they claim this wonderful all-caring fatherly god of thiers is going to destroy the world in October. Why, is this god person even thinking about this? (of course, its all happened before in Genesis).

The gullibility and blind stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
Many Christians don't recognize lies because they depend on others to tell them what the Bible means rather than study it for themselves. I put this verse up here for people who are frightened by the things some people are saying with their date setting.

As far as gullibility, and blindness to reality, and even inexperience, corporations and politicians capitalize on this all the time. The school systems are raising society to be this way to be compliant. It's sad when the leaders and rich merchants of the world value their power and money over human beings.

Julia-C

Even though this thread is in the soap box area it doesn't mean that people should be making a mockery of another's faith. Some people find comfort in their faith and when other's mock it, it is felt as a personal attack.

Phteven

Even though this thread is in the soap box area it doesn't mean that people should be making a mockery of another's faith. Some people find comfort in their faith and when other's mock it, it is felt as a personal attack.
Faith can be a touchy subject and the simple act of questioning someones faith can be seen as a personal attack or seen as mocking, tho it wasn't intended to be mocking or be seen as a personal attack. I think thats the case here as I didnt read anyone overtly mocking anyone's faith or personally attacking anyone's faith. I don't think someones belief should be free from criticism just because its their faith, and in this case i think there was no malice in what anyone said here.

Faith can be a touchy subject and the simple act of questioning someones faith can be seen as a personal attack or seen as mocking, tho it wasn't intended to be mocking or be seen as a personal attack. I think thats the case here as I didnt read anyone overtly mocking anyone's faith or personally attacking anyone's faith. I don't think someones belief should be free from criticism just because its their faith, and in this case i think there was no malice in what anyone said here.
Following that logic, preaching someones faith could be considered an attack on another persons faith by asserting faith at all.

Maybe this site shouldn't have faith discussed, ever.

Axiom

Account Closed
Just add, "this is my personal opinon" at the end of any statment if you think it's going to be taken as an attack. It's unfortunate, but ppl do have the right to voice their opinons on any beliefe. The problem is when you start defining anyone who holds that beliefe as ignorant. I personally think there are ways around that, if you're talking specifically about the beliefe, or about how people use this beliefe.

Fait is usually chosen, but it can be imposed, and we can be subjected to other peoples faith. Everyone has the right to respond in full, but how you respond is a representation of who you are, so...

btw religion is a pos waste of time in my opinon :tongue: It's just concepts strung together usually to remind, inspire, or force people into a pre-set standard of living with the hopes of a shared dream, against a projected structure of "evil" or "wrong". Scare tactics usually are ripe in religion. :(
Buuuut beliefe! Now that's different. I love people who believe in something. Cause you know what, I can't disprove it. And if it helps them be the person they wish to be, then you know what, good on them :) I don't knock people of beliefe, i knock liars manipulators and preachers. Usually those are people of religion, not souly of beliefe.

Just my personal opinon

Just add, "this is my personal opinon" at the end of any statment if you think it's going to be taken as an attack. It's unfortunate, but ppl do have the right to voice their opinons on any beliefe. The problem is when you start defining anyone who holds that beliefe as ignorant. I personally think there are ways around that, if you're talking specifically about the beliefe, or about how people use this beliefe.

Fait is usually chosen, but it can be imposed, and we can be subjected to other peoples faith. Everyone has the right to respond in full, but how you respond is a representation of who you are, so...

btw religion is a pos waste of time in my opinon :tongue: It's just concepts strung together usually to remind, inspire, or force people into a pre-set standard of living with the hopes of a shared dream, against a projected structure of "evil" or "wrong". Scare tactics usually are ripe in religion. :(
Buuuut beliefe! Now that's different. I love people who believe in something. Cause you know what, I can't disprove it. And if it helps them be the person they wish to be, then you know what, good on them :) I don't knock people of beliefe, i knock liars manipulators and preachers. Usually those are people of religion, not souly of beliefe.

Just my personal opinon
If the soul is real, I want to find a way to destroy it.

I want to destroy my soul.

Just my personal opinion.

Lovecraft

I have faith that Jesus never existed so I find your mentioning Jesus to have existed a mockery of my faith, please cease and desist.

I have faith that Jesus never existed so I find your mentioning Jesus to have existed a mockery of my faith, please cease and desist.
Discussing Faith, especially Faith in the Judeo-Christian God reminds me more and more of my self-loathing, my knowledge that there is no god and no point to life, it further drives me to the edge.
I believe their should be no mention of religious beliefs at all.

Julia-C

First find a post where I said Jesus existed. You can't.
Second cease and desist what?

My whole point was that if a person says they have faith it God or Jesus, and another doesn't, don't mock them because of it. The same thing applies to someone who doesn't have faith it God or Jesus. They shouldn't be mocked for their lack of faith.
Do you understand my point now?

First find a post where I said Jesus existed. You can't.
Second cease and desist what?

My whole point was that if a person says they have faith it God or Jesus, and another doesn't, don't mock them because of it. The same thing applies to someone who doesn't have faith it God or Jesus. They shouldn't be mocked for their lack of faith.
Do you understand my point now?
I still feel it's mockery to put your faith out in any thread.
I won't change my signature until the blatant plastering and bolstering peoples faiths are stopped.
What happens after someone dies is their business, that is all.
When I die, I know what will be there, nothing.

Julia-C

I still feel it's mockery to put your faith out in any thread.
I won't change my signature until the blatant plastering and bolstering peoples faiths are stopped.
What happens after someone dies is their business, that is all.
When I die, I know what will be there, nothing.
I didn't put my faith out in any thread, the person who started this thread did.

I take a libertarian stance on religion. A person's faith and beliefs should never be forced on to a people, nor should it be denied to its people if they choose to have faith. Why is that so hard to understand?

You make your comment as if I brought up religion. I did no such thing, nor do I consider myself to be a religious person. Here is the thing. I won't make fun (mock) someone because of their lack of faith or because of their faith.

When you die you don't know what will be there, neither does a devout religious person. You have a faith (belief) that their will be nothing. A religious person has faith in the opposite.

This is what kills me about people like you and some people who are religious. If others don't have a similar belief they are looked down upon. The religious person looks down upon the non-religious person as if that person is somehow morally inferior. While people like you tend to look down at those who are religious as if they are ignorant uneducated fools.

The truth is none of us will know what is beyond death until we die and see what is there or we blink into non-existence. Either way why would someone mock another's faith when they might find comfort in their faith. Especially in a forum like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00