no meaning.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SmilePretty, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i need to find meaning in my life. but i dont know where it would be. if i had something to live for or a realization or somethingggg idk
    i just want to be happy
    i dont want to wake up and not want to breathe because i know today will be just like the day before
    i am tired of crying
    i always feel guilty about something and usually i have no reason to feel guilty at all
    how can i get out of this?
    where can i find something or someone that will make me believe in life and humanity again?
    wtf is the point?

2. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean by everyday being the same as the day before. It's like not sleeping at all. You wake up feeling the same as when you went to bed.

Talking about things usually helps. Can you tell us what's going on?

3. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

kinda hard to tell why you are thinking this way.
    when ppl post like this, i often wonder if there is somthing that they enjoy doing. sounds possible low self esteem ?
    question would be why ?
    what happened in your life to make you think this way.

4. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i've acknowledged my past and technically my present. but that isnt what has made me low.

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Is there anything you might be interested in volunteering in? My daughter started volunteering with younger kids. She also started visiting people in nursing homes. I would say this left her with a great sense of purpose. She has even received thank you's from the families of the nursing home residents saying she has made a difference in their loved ones lives. I don't know if you would be interested in anything like that, but they are always looking for volunteers at hospitals, nursing homes etc.

6. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

i do a lot of community service. its like....idk not as rewarding anymore to do the same thing over an over again.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I understand that. I guess my daughter didn't look at it as community service. She considers the children friends. She does things with them such as taking them to the park or a movie, driving around town like the "big kids" do, going to their games and supporting them etc. The elderly she listens to their stories and memories, plays piano and sings with them, jokes around with them, helps them get out of their rooms, just anything that helps to make their lives better. Community service is picking up garbage, planting flowers etc. I only thought of those things because the two of you are close in age. I understand what you are saying though. I hope you find the answers you are searching for. :hug:

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I think you need to find some meaning of you. You need to find yourself before you can find meaning in your life. You need to realize that you have purpose and it is something besides your depression and demons. There is a lot more to you than you give yourself credit for hun. It's just so deeply buried beneath the hurt and depression that you've lost you. So naturally your life feels like the only meaning it holds is the sadness and pain. Try to take up an old hobby or interest you really enjoyed before the sadness complicated your life so much. Even something as small as that can re-energize you and help you to see that your life can hold so much more.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: I can completely relate to those feelings.

Well done for helping out in your community,you're very kind to do that :)

Hopefully when you start college,you'll find a meaning, you'll be working towards something!

Feel free to talk to me anytime hun x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.