No meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

My gp recently increased my sertraline from 150mg to 200mg and I swear they are making me worse!
My memory and motivation has been bad for a long time but now I'm feeling spaced all the time and exhausted - all I want to do is sleep.
Over the past year I have sometimes forgotten to collect my prescription and I've been without for a few days - leaves me feeling crap.
I've done it again and I will be without meds since Wednesday until Tuesday.
I'm quite scared about how I'm going to feel over the next few days and that the effect of missing the higher dose will be worse.
I wish I could organise my life better!

have you tried a bunch of different meds and has sertraline been the best?

if you do a search on-line using the term "ect in the UK" you may find some info there (I started thinking about this phrase being sung to the tune of "anarchy in the UK").

the stuff I found seemed to be less rosey than what I had heard on a public television program. still, if the meds have failed you, it could be worthwhile.

I used to be on sertraline, I think I was on it for at least 3 years, so since I was 14, it may have actually been 4 years :/. I used to miss it every now and again, but didn't find it really effected me that much when I did...but then again I didn't feel it worked for me for the last year... I was also on 200mg, it was the highest I was allowed to be on. If you are worried about missing it I'd say go to the pharmacist they will usually help.

My gp recently increased my sertraline from 150mg to 200mg and I swear they are making me worse!
My memory and motivation has been bad for a long time but now I'm feeling spaced all the time and exhausted - all I want to do is sleep.
Over the past year I have sometimes forgotten to collect my prescription and I've been without for a few days - leaves me feeling crap.
I've done it again and I will be without meds since Wednesday until Tuesday.
I'm quite scared about how I'm going to feel over the next few days and that the effect of missing the higher dose will be worse.
I wish I could organise my life better!
I would talk to your G.P. about being revaluated regarding your doses, they might be to high now or maybe a supplemental med might work better to bridge the gap, a mental health pro might be a good one to talk to.

Fitzy

Thanks for your comments. I'm not sure the meds are helping - I think my gp increased the dose cos she didn't know what else to do. She has referred me to a psych and I have an appt early Feb - I'm hoping that will give me more specific help.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
And in the meantime you can always go into emergency and get oncall pdoc to see you okay just to order meds to keep you stable until you get into appt in february hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00