No more

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Johnnyc, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I just spent the last four days in the mental hospital which I was admited for suicidal thoughts and cutting. The cutting resulted in 50 stitches and made me think it is time to quit.

I know it's going to be tough and I may relapse but I feel it is something that has to be done.

So I am not including the hospital stay so this is: Day 1.
  2. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

That's great that you are quitting, as it is such a dangerous addiction. Yes you may relapse, but it is all part of the healing process and you just got to stay strong!! Good luck hun

:hug: xx
  3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I'm glad you are trying to quit. I'm also trying to quit. If you need someone to talk to who can relate feel free to pm me :) :hug:
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

What a brave goal...I know when I felt like cutting, it helped to express how I was feeling...maybe starting a diary or posting will take the sting off at those times...big hugs and best of luck, J
  5. Johnnyc

I want to cut so bad, so yes a diary may help express those feelings.
  6. Johnnyc

I failed after 2 days. pathetic. I hope I slice a vein.
  7. non-existent

non-existent Active Member

It's sad, but not pathetic or anything...
    Don't be mad with yourself, just try it again.

"I hope I slice a vein."

No, not. Luckily, you usually won't die from slicing a vein just bleed. If it happens, try to do it as safe as possible. Please take care.

If you really need to cut, inform about safer cutting and don't bring yourself in unnecessary danger.

It at least is no reason to die that you feel you need to cut. You are not worthless or anything because of that. Also it will not kill you or bring you in hospital if you know what you are doing. Sad enough you need it, but you are just doing it to avoid something worse, aren't you, somewhere?

You're not weak, you're just doing what you need to do, but please take care, what you don't seem to to atm....
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.