no need to reply

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by subt, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subt

subt Member

just venting so no need to replay here

so my tata (nickname we gave to out grandfather) is pretty fucking old. i wanted to visit more and get to know him, aswell as my nana (nickname for grandma).

so im visiting every friday after school, spending 3-4 hours there. just hanging out.....showin the love

so thanksgiving comes..and my cousin gregory rides down there with me....

as we walk in they both immediately lunge towards my cousin and greet him as if i wasnt even there lol.

probably the most painful moment of my life considering i love them so much and the last few months trying to get in quality time with them. fucking christ man WTF.

2. subt

subt Member

im not asking for sympathy here...but i just needed to vent that. its bothered me for over a year and i haven't been able to look at my grandparents the same since....

honestly i just stopped caring about them.

stopped visiting...calling...caring.....

god fucking damn it life sucks

3. laurenelizabeth09leb

laurenelizabeth09leb Well-Known Member

i know how you feel
    my granmother does that to me with my cousins....
    she's forgotten my name a couple of times when she
    knows theirs right off the bat

4. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

subt, your not alone, none of my family are interested in me even when i make the effort, but when my sister whos not interested in any of them meets them they are all over her and cant get enough of her even when they havent seen me for a longer period of time than her.
    it makes you feel not validated as a person.

How long had it been before they seen your cousin? when you spend time with someone they appear to appreciate you less but that might not mean they do, if they hadn't seen you cousin for a while that might explain the greeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.