No One Can Tell Me What's Happening To Me

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by fromthatshow, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

1 and a half months of panic. I barely sleep. This is one panic attack. I haven't been able to take a deep breath in a month and a half. All the heaviest medications haven't helped. Every time I try to completely exhale and relax, I start shaking my head, twitching, going crazy. I have no idea why I'm so scared to exhale. I feel like I'm going to die.

2. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

Did this start after you started those heavy medications? Body twitches are a common side effect of the medications used to treat mental problems. I have also had people tell me they make them panic and feel like they are going crazy...

3. fromthatshow

Before the medication.
    Oh and I turn 19 in 5 days and don't have a job or anything so I have to stop therapy and medication cuz my parents won't help me out with it. I am by no means ready to stop as I have been feeling highly panicky and suicidal but I have to :sad:

4. ThoseEmptyWalls

Theres a few good organizations here where a person on low income can get 100% free mental health services..That includes doctors, medications, therapy, and anything else you might need from their office.. My mother works at a local one here called Summit Center..Im going to Seneca and theres another called Westbrooke. You may have those in your area..Its worth looking into.. Also, some states have a medical card program that issues a 'Mental Health' medical card..I cant get that where I live - hence Im on the free services... Good luck and if you want to chat, send me some mail...

5. fromthatshow

Thank you. I'll have to check these places out.

6. ThoseEmptyWalls

I hope you have one close to your or another similiar place. I just wanted to let you know that they have real doctors and real therapists there. Many people think that because they offer free services that their services arent any good but thats just not true. They also take private pay, insurance paid, and reduced fee clients..If you need help locating an office let me know..I can do a search online and if that fail I can ask my mom if theres a web site or something she can access as a employee to find listings in your area...

7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I can relate to what your going through. The panic attacks just seem to take over everything.
    Hopefully the information and advice given can help you.

Good luck.

8. fromthatshow

hm but it's not like panic attacks. I mean panic attacks come again. It's the terror of a panic attack strung out over a month and a half. It's completely insane and I don't know how to stop it! When you're in a panic attack you can do all types of relaxation techniques but ultimately you let it ride out and it eventually fades. This panic won't. I don't get it.

9. fromthatshow

Every day I feel more sick like I'm going to die. My hearts been racing for like two months with almost no sleep. I feel like I'm fucking 89 and I'm 18 :sad:

10. ThoseEmptyWalls

I would suggest finding a clinic in your area that is a mental health clinic that has a indigent care program (which is the free services) and signing up on it and taking things from there. It could be something as simple as your medications being wrong, the doses being to high, or if you came off them it could be your body going thru withdrawl. A doctor whos field is mental health will be able to help you..

11. fromthatshow

So pretty much now all the symptoms of panic and anxiety have gone away and I'm just left with this overwhelming sense of terror that I constantly walk around with. It's a terribly cold feeling :sad:. I don't see a way out of this. This is so scary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.