No one cares

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by little lucy, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little lucy

little lucy Active Member

No one cares or takes rape seriously. Even in the slightest of cases where the rape IS proven or the guy admits to raping someone, they still get away with it.

They don't take rape seriously until they become repeat offenders. Even then, the rapist is let go. And then they are surprised when they start kidnapping, raping, and killing kids.

They give these rapists unlimited chances to rape. They put the victims through Hell all for nothing. It kind of pisses me off. Why even suggest to someone that they can report what is happening to them if they are not going to do anything about it anyway?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Lucy, I am a victim of this.

I'm going to make a long story short, I was raped in 2002 when I was just 12 years old, just a baby :( I did not report the rape until 2011, I waited and waited for what seemed like forever for a decision to be made and they refused to take it to the courts because of a lack of evidence. I feel bad that he was not tried and found guilty but I have learned to move forward with my life and try to not let it affect me. It is hard and I have severe anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. I said to the police, what are ye doing, waiting for him to do it to someone else..it's just very saddening that they cannot do anything about it. It was all up to the director of public prosecutions to make the call whether to take it on or not. I just have to try and deal with it and move on, it's hard but I will get there.

3. little lucy

Thanks. I'm so sorry that happened to you. The last time I was raped they actually took the case. Long story short, after a year he pleaded guilty. So he only got probation and he is allowed to get it expunged from his records. It pisses me off. I lost my job because he purposely went to work there after he raped me AND the case was already going on. There was nothing my bosses could do about it because where I am you can't fire people for rape unless they do it while at work. It was all bullshit.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

God, that is terrible. I feel deeply for you. Probation for rape??? are they f@cking serious??

That is an absolute disgrace and insult to ALL rape victims. There is no deterrent for rape, I agree with you and a lot of it boils down to he said/she said. It's terrible.

You can talk to me anytime lucy.

5. little lucy

Thanks. Yeah things are just so screwed up. I know he is going to keep doing it too. It's just sickening.

My mothers neighbor was raped and murdered and she was only in fourth grade. That guy went to jail, but he is free now. It's like.. wtf is wrong with the world?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.