No one here really cares

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pollo, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

when I came back to this forum I thought I would hear some encouraging words but truth is that every time I post something I never get answers or maybe 1 or 2 people saying, yeah, we know how you feel , go to see your doctor!!!!
    My doctor has not been of any help, I feel lost, I feel desperate!!! I just think about suicide and is the only thing that brings me a smile!!
    Ok, bye then!

2. sihuskyzoi

sihuskyzoi Well-Known Member

Im sorry Pollo. Not in great shape myself, but what is working for me is finding things to distract myself. Books, movies, music, tv, surfing. Anything. Then when I feel it crawling back in I try to go walk or get some exercise. It seems to be a constant battle of trying to push off what my brain is saying. But it works for me.... for now.

What about you? Anything working to keep the thoughts at bay for even brief moments?

3. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Maybe it's not that they don't care, it's that they're not sure what you need to hear. I think they're probably telling you to see a doctor because the doctor should know how to help you... I don't think that too many people on this site really know how to help other people-- they're mostly just people who want to help because they understand what it's like to feel the way you do... and the best thing they could probably do for you is to push you towards a professional.

If your doctor is unable to help you, then you need to find someone that you are more comfortable with. There are a lot of good listeners on this site (mostly the mods I think) and they will probably do what they can but they can't provide you with a substitute for real therapy.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.