no one likes me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by gentle giant, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentle giant

gentle giant Member

nobody wants to talk to me no one likes me feel like dieing

2. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

How old are you?(just curious - trying to paint a picture of the situation)

Why do you think no one likes you?

3. gentle giant

gentle giant Member

Iam 47 years old
    iam a very big guy 6foot 6 inches weigh 28 stone I hate my body
    because iam big people miss judge me and are wary of me iam in fact a very gentle and caring person and sensitive

4. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

I think it is you that think you are misjudged, not others.
    Big man, big heart, remember that.

5. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I know what it's like to get shit like that.

For some reason I can seem fairly grim. I probly don't give off an awful lot of face expressions and I barely speak. This makes me come of as weird etc. Other kids at school have 'jokingly' said I was a 'Machine'. As in I don't have emotions. Yet I feel like killing myself? That makes sense yea? Not.

I don't know how big 28 stone is as I go by the metric system. Have you ever thought about seeing the doctor about possible weight loss options?

6. DeAdwOrLD

DeAdwOrLD Well-Known Member

Don't let the fear of being misjudged ruin your day. People are still people no matter what. You know yourself better than those who misjudge you. As long as you're aware of that, their indifference or prejudice or whatever hang up they may or may not have needn't bother you unduly. Besides, I'm sure there are people on chat who would talk to you.

7. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Size is absolutely no indicator of what is inside you. You are hurting inside and your pain is as real and as valid as anyones. Morons that make stupid comments do not deserve your tears or your pain. Please contact your GP and talk about how you are feeling. If you want to change how you look outside, you have to change how you feel inside first. You can always talk to us here. Be kind to yourself.

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I understand where you're coming from, and it's sad people judge you that way. One of my friends is really tall, like 6'8, and about your same weight. I've noticed when we spend time together, that people tend to treat him different and avoid interacting with him, almost like they're afraid. I can't offer much in the way of suggestions, other than what's already been said. Just wanted you to know you aren't alone and people do care.

9. U wan to come into the chat room and talk it out with us..? I am in the chat room now..

10. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I like you and I want to talk to you!

11. gamergirl

gamergirl Well-Known Member

we all like you and wont judge you for your size

12. Yarrick2k5

Yarrick2k5 Member

Welcome to the club, a lot of people will dislike/hate you. The human race will be like that. To put it bluntly.

My dad knows this man who is around your age, he too is a tall and big man, he's a tax collector. He often gets mistake for being a big angry man whose come to take all you money. Yet he is a pretty half decent person. Now I am not your age nor your size, but I am ginger and I get people your age in their cars drive by and shout stuff to me about my hair colour. Ignore them. They aren't worth your mind. You only need the people who aren't going to judge you.

On finding these elusive people who don't judge others, they are indeed a rare specimin. As the ancient philosopher Diogenes once did, he walked around the streets of Ancient Athens with a candle alight during the daytime. People would ask him what he was doing. He would reply with 'I'm just looking for an honest man', but yet all he found were the scum of the earth. Which is all of us. I'm sure you're a very nice person but sadly this world is cruel and cares little for the good people of the world. Just look at History, so many good people end up being assasinated like MLK.

I won't deny that what I say may depress anyone even more. but I just like to give an alternative perspective of reality and how we can do one of two things. Face up to the harsh world, or cower and run away. I tend to cower and scourn the world and blame myself for what I become, but you can become better. The fact you've already made it 4 nearly 5 decades in this world is a great feat in my oppinion and i respect that. I'm only 22, and have been angry and depressed and cynical at a lot of stuff since I was 12 and I want to put a bullet hrough my cranium or jump off a high place somewhere in London.

13. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

It may be that some people are wary of you because you are big, but it could also be that your insecurities make you feel like people have a more negative opinion of you than they really do.

I think that lots of people really like gentle giants, but maybe they just don't know about your gentle side yet.

There are things that you could do that might help soften your image.

Maybe the best thing that you can do is participate in a tall person's club!

Here is a link to a club in London

http://www.tallclub.co.uk/index.asp

there's an events section there, and you could meet other tall people. you could also talk about the issues that you've encountered, I'm sure they would understand and be able to offer good advice.

I hope that this helps!

14. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I know a few men who weigh more than you. Worked with some also.

At your size, your overweight, but its 'easy' to lose quite a bit depending on whether you want to. I'm guessing you do - but I know some men who don't care about weight and who will drink maybe 15 pints just to settle down.

I knew a miner once who was so big you wondered how he could fit down a mine! He used to be able to but was above ground doing something and just got comfortable eating and drinking. Women actually took to him big time - and he was, like yourself a GENTLEman, which is something to be PROUD of in this day and age.

My guess is you have some depression hence you feel (right now) that nobody likes you. Thing is - people here don't give a **** about your size, or if your black, white, blue green or purple with pink ears. It's true that some people will judge on appearences, but only fools.

See a doctor if you want to. I'd say you ought to unless you already have. You can get help with diet if you are like a lot of men and just eat rubbish. I mean, chips with everything? Maybe a sweet-tooth? Could be excercise and although you are a big lad I'm wondering how you are with walking which is step no 1 for any 'plan' to lose weight. Also, its great for depression - or it does help. Anyone who has ever walked for a few hours non stop will admit that at some point, your mind is exercised just as well as the body. Might take you a few weeks to get there but your young, there is no reason why you could not turn your life around.

Put is this way - if you lost a few stone and maybe gained a bit of confidence just being around people - you'd find people will always warm to a big lad with a big heart. I'm not saying you ought to be Mr Universe, just losing 5 stone would make you more healthy and give the option of losing more.

I'd say that you ought to maybe aim to be able to walk for a few mile before the year is out.

You could get yourself a women now - but think of your health and ward them off until you can get some more confidence back.

Give us an idea of what exercise you do right now.

Good luck and don't worry so much about how others think. There are always some good people who will see the REAL you which is buried beaneath a layer of clothes, a face and body and the defences we set up around our hearts.

Keep the faith. Whatever it might be!

15. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Could I create myself anew
    I would not fail in pleasing you.
    If I could reach from pole to pole
    or grasp the ocean with a span,
    I would be measured by the soul
    The mind's the standard of the Man.

16. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Being that I'm just a shade under 6 foot 6 (though I'm not the gentle giant type)
    and naturally big myself (though not as hefty as you are) I can see what your going though. But over years I've come to understand that there are always going to be morons who are scared and judge tall people based on appearance so I've just learn't to live with that.

Plus its hell a lot of fun to fuck with people like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.