No one to talk to about this

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by VioletMarquise, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VioletMarquise

VioletMarquise New Member

A few years ago, a group of friends found out that I was suicidal. They stopped talking to me, and I understand because this is not easy to deal with.

I was doing okay for a little while, but these kinds of thoughts are back and I don't understand why. My job is good, and I was really happy in a relationship up until recently. I wish I could be open and honest about this stuff with my bf, but I don't think he would understand. I don't want to lose him or the friends I've been trying to make. Talking to my family wouldn't help at all and certain members have encouraged suicide.

About a month ago it just came out of nowhere and I've been getting upset for no reason on a regular basis. It scares me that I have easy access to quick methods to kill myself but not ways to easily remove them. Haven't made any attempts, but if I did make a rash decision? :(

I don't even know what to do
  2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Hi, this is a good place to start. You could as well try your doctor or a counsellor. You might benefit from medication or therapy. Keep on reaching out. I find SF a life saver. It's 24 hour and we all know what despair is. I don't have to pretend or put on a brave face. Hugs,
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry for your difficult and glad you found us here. As mentioned there are a lot of understanding ears here.

I think sometimes too much effort goes into trying to figure out a why we get depressed again or return to a darker period. Not that it is not useful information but it does not change the place we are at. To me the important part of your situation is you were there before and made it through and strong. Instead of focusing on the being back in a bad place focus on the knowledge you can (and have) got out of that place before. A little self confidence and security from that can go a long way towards starting movement in the right direction.

Take Care and Be safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.