No personality or purpose in life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by twilight, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

That is what people have told me actually. They weren't trying to be mean or anything. But I know that it is true. I don't have a good personality that defines me from anyone else. I guess that means I am just a lifeless loser that no one can even care about. I also have no purpose. Which means I might as well not exist because there is no reason for me to be here. I feel like I don't belong in life. I am sick of looking at the clock and watching the seconds go by. I feel like I am wasting my life away and there is nothing I can do about it. It is very possible that things will never improve. It seems like nothing ever changes. People never change.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Twilight, I do not believe for a minute that you are a loser or that you have no purpose. As for personality, each person has their own Some are stronger than others, but they still are there.Maybe you are a more quiet type individual. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Do not sell yourself short. I know it seems as nothing ever changes, or if it does it is so very slowly. Patience is sometimes needed. Ride our the rough spots. You never know when a good patch may hit.

3. downcounter

downcounter New Member

I've been feeling that way about myself latey. I feel completely void of identity, and envy those who can confidently project their personality.

What has helped me is the realization that I've been very passive in life. A well rounded personality and a sense of purpose takes time and experience; we're not born with it. Many of us lose our way, but the path is still there.

I've been forcing myself to go out more, try different experiences and open my mind. By challenging myself, I learn more about the world and who I am. It can be hard when you're dealing with depression, but every day I feel closer to being whole.

I hope that doesn't sound cheezy :/ Take care!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2007
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You don't sound cheesy at all down. It often seems that when we force ouselves to engage in activity, things get a little better. It is because we don't have the time to wander around in our own minds.

5. twilight

twilight Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice from the both of you. I have been trying to get new experiences. It is very hard trying to get through the hard times. I try to get together with people even though sometimes I feel like hiding under the blankets and sleeping all day. I know what you mean about getting busy enough to not wander around in your mind too. The mind can be a scary place sometimes, can't it?

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

The very subject has exposed itself as a lie. You were created with your very own unique personality and with a very definite purpose in life that only YOU can fulfill. You don't have to believe the lies. Other's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. YOU CHOOSE. You choose what you will believe. Don't let people tell you what you have and don't have or what you can be or not be. Just be...be yourself...discover that special personality that you have that no one else has. Be the YOU that only YOU can be.

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I DON'T BELEIVE I COULD HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER! :eek:hmy:

8. thecleric

thecleric Guest

Oh, really? Prove it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.