No pictures on SF???

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by leptoon, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leptoon

leptoon Well-Known Member

Don't you think that it is a stupid rule.. that you can't post pics of yourself on SF? I do.

I think that SF should have a separate section called the Photo Gallery. There people can post as many pics of them self as they want.

Thats how it was on the last forum I was on, so I don't see how it could create any problems.

2. It's for safety reasons, that's why.

3. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

I don't think forum of depressed people is place where many would like to give pictures of themselves.

4. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

It's to do with privacy and safety issues. If you wanna post pictures of yourself go to: www.afterdarkforums.com

5. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

leptoon, this is a suicide forum, as such the members come here for support, I really don't think a Photo Gallery would be appropriate.
    I believe the No Photo rule is far from stupid under the circumstances.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree with the no picture rule. Privacy issues are very important. There are things one does not consider at the time and then regrets later.

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

you can always post pics in afterdark hun

8. One who listens..

One who listens.. Well-Known Member

If you really want to post pictures of yourself, There are many places where it is more appropriate.

For security issues, (IE- The off chance someone you know IRL sees a photo of you, and then reads all the things you've posted, and suddenly knows things that most people wouldn't want people IRL to know about them.) You are not supposed to post pictures. I know I like the rule, and I only show pictures to people I know aren't people that live near me anyway.

9. Raven

Raven Guest

Remember what you post on the internet all can see, and this forum being what it is I agree 100% with the no picture rule.

10. leptoon

leptoon Well-Known Member

I still don't get why we can't post pics. It never caused any problems on FTI.

11. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I think you have been given plenty enough reasons. You have to accept the rule, and as it has been pointed out you can always go to After Dark forums if you wish to do so. I am now closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.