No point anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by the_snowcub, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_snowcub

the_snowcub Active Member

I am bipolar, so not the easiest person to live with.

My wife no longer wants to go anywhere with me, she has spent 70 - 80 hours out with her friends and work colleagues, and less than 1 1/4 hours with me this year, and that was only because it was our wedding anniversary.

We argued because I said I needed more quality time with her, and now, I am only aloud home once she has gone to bed. (about a week ago)

I sit in carparks and lay-bys or drive aimlessly waiting for the time to pass. She won't return my calls, and says that she wants to be left alone, but she leaves the chain off the door so I can get in.

I cannot cope anymore. I spent the day at the psych ward as the Dr tried to section me, but told them all the right things so they let me go.

I cannot cope with this life anymore. I can only see one way out - my suicide kit.

I truly love her with all my heart, I want to spend the rest of my days with her, there doesn't seem to be the option for living anymore.

Sorry if I have gone on a bit, but I have no one I can talk to
  2. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

I am sorry this is happening to you - no-one should be made to feel so unwanted.
    Have you a follow up appointment with your doctor and are you able to ring a crisis line.

Please dont think that suicide is the only way out ........ many people have lost people close to them or have separated from someone and manage to live good lives.....
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

maybe get some marriage counillling together so you can talk in a control atmosphere on your feelings and how she is hurting you. Maybe councilling will get her the see and hear more both of your needs
  4. the_snowcub

She won't go to councilling, there is nothing wrong with her, it is all me. 19:36 hours and I am sitting in my workshop waiting for the time to wind down. It just goes so slowly.

At 51 years old ( and feeling very old) it is too late to start again. I have a wonderful chat up line ....... hello, my name is Paul and I am Bipolar. That should frighten anyone away
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

no ususally in a relationship when things fall apart it is not all one sided
    lots of people bipolar with meds that can be kept under control some
    i am 53 soon i know how it feels to be old and feel too late for change to happen If she does not want therapy then get it for you okay so you can heal some hugs
  6. xela007

xela007 Member

I am so sorry to hear you telling this .....and I am so sorry to hear that your wife is behaving this way.

Try to talk to her, find a good time to talk to her and at least make her understand that you've been sharing good times together in the past. Throw away you suicidal kit. I am alone, and going through a withdrawal and will not anything evil.. believe me you can do it.

Try to take a small step at the time! :love:
  7. the_snowcub

As an addition to my wonderful chat up line, I have also to add that I have ED because of the medication. That should definately put an end to the conversation
  8. the_snowcub

I know it is not all one sided. As I said right at the start, I am not the easiest of people to live with. makes me wonder how anyone can live with me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.