No Point in Struggling anymore

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Lone, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone

Lone Member

Help I have been struggling with a difficult situation and my depression is getting worse every day. I am living with physical pain which I cannot control, antidepressants that don't help everything is so difficult no pleasure no peace no enjoyment life is not worth living I wish I was dead I can't keep going any longer life is hell and I'm all on my own. Nobody's fault but mine I have no friends I've always kept myself to myself preferring animals to people. I'm just pretty useless.

2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

you ARE NOT USELESS :hug: have you talk to your doctor about your physical pain.

3. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

My life is hell too and I'm basically on my own with it as all efforts at getting help have failed. I have my parents still, but there's nothing that they can do for me. There's nothing that anyone can do and I feel so alone. I'm sorry that you're suffering. It's just not fair that anyone should have to suffer mentally.

4. vil2liv

vil2liv Member

I understand you Lone and AAA3330. For good part of my life I felt major or minor depression. But, few years ago, I managed to get rid of it for good!!! So I know how you feel. As I said to others, don't give up hope. Try something new. When you think you tried everything, you are just on half way. So, keep trying. Do something that you would otherwise be shy to do (Not bad things, but something brave, something daring) Try to wake up from that nightmare of your life.
    And, considering physical pain, I am starting to experience some and it will get worse over time until it becomes unbearable. I have a health condition which will only get worse, and considering I'm unemployed, I can't afford to do anything about it. But I won't give up! I have few more months, and I will use every second of them to try to do things that make me satisfied! I will fight my illness and pain by any means possible! I know what awaits me if I fail, so stressing about it will only make end come faster. I probably will fail, but what good makes me crying now about that.
    So, you are not alone in your pain, emotional or physical! On this site there are a lot of good and nice people willing to give advice and words of encouragement!
    I wish you a lot of strength to fight your problems, and don't give up until you try every solution for your problem. And remember, you are not useless! Trust me, I know :)

5. Dreamland

Dreamland Well-Known Member

Hi, Lone. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all that crap. I wanted to chime in here and say there is NOTHING wrong with preferring to keep to yourself and be around animals instead of people. A lot of us are introverted or just prefer to have a very small social circle. The good thing about being able to get online, though, is that you really can choose who you talk to. If they start getting to be too much drama, start treating you poorly, or whatever may be the case, you can simply stop corresponding (or block that person if they're being hurtful).

There's a terrible stigma against "loners," but there's nothing wrong with that! I'm one of them, I've been where you've been (I had physical pain going, too, at my rock bottom point), and I made it out alive... and eventually even happy. Most of my friends are online, and I like it that way. I hope you'll consider us your friends here, and start to view us as a good place to start making friends who really care and understand. You will NEVER be alone.

6. Dreamland

AAA3330, I agree--it's completely unfair. Getting help can be really difficult, especially in the US (I'm also in the Midwest, so our areas are pretty similar). Depending on your insurance (or your parents' insurance), it can be so frustrating trying to find a good counselor and/or medication-management doctor.

I know how it feels to have parents who can't really help you beyond saying they're sorry and taking you to appointments. What was it that made those previous efforts fail? I might be able to suggest an alternative you didn't even know about!

7. Dreamland

Yay! I love success stories like yours! The thing that I've learned in my own situation is that things never become awesome or perfect, but once you find and stick with the right treatment plan, things become not only manageable but enjoyable. You're an amazing person for sharing your story and turning it around to help others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.