no point trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I keep trying even though I know I'll never be happy? Why don't just give up? Resign myself to the fact that human contact is not something I'm going to get and that I'm going to die alone. I never used to be unhappy being alone, but now I know what I'm missing. That's the funny thing about people, even in the face of huge adversity and astronomical odds they never give up. But why? It's pointless, so why do I still try? I hate hope, it's always there but it's bloody lie. I want to give up, I don't want to be happy ever again because it wont last. I'm going to die alone, and be remebered as nothing more than a waste of resources...

Mal, I wish that I could reassure you enough to let you know that this is not the way things have to be. You are not a waste of resources and will not be remembered as such. You mentioned that happiness doesn't last. Well if you have times of happiness, then that means sadness doesn't last either. I guess it is all a matter of perspective in how you look at things. I am here if you need someone to talk with hun. It is not the same as human contact, and it isn't much, but it is all I can offer you. My thoughts are with you. Please take care. :hug:

Thank you gentlelady, but there really is no point. I'm not exactly needed... And before anyone says they do need me, just think about it first, you got on fine before you had me, they'll be other people to do what I did. See how quickly you forget me....

Mal, it may be true that we got on fine before we met you and that someone else can do the things you do. None of us are irreplaceable. Someone can always step in and fill our shoes. That does not mean we are not needed. Things will not be done in quite the same way and the uniqueness of your way would not be there. And as for being forgotten easily because of those things-simply not true. I have not forgotten the people I care about when they are no longer here. You would be missed. You would not be forgotten. You do not realize the number of lives you have touched hun. People do not forget those that have a place in their hearts. The offer I made earlier still stands Mal. You are important. I know I really don't make a difference, but I can listen and be there for you for whatever it is worth. Please hang in there hun. You do matter. :hug:

:agreed:

No matter what we ourselves think, there is always someone who we matter to :) - listen to them - they are the truth!

We all matter :)

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Mal, what's brought this horrible feeling on?

You know I lost the person I most cared about, but I refuse to think that thats it in life. We never know what's around the corner. Would I avoid this misery by wiping out the last ten years, no I wouldn't; because when the pain fades I will have some very very good memories.

There is someone for everyone, we just have to keep looking.

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
Mal, what's brought this horrible feeling on?

You know I lost the person I most cared about, but I refuse to think that thats it in life. We never know what's around the corner. Would I avoid this misery by wiping out the last ten years, no I wouldn't; because when the pain fades I will have some very very good memories.

There is someone for everyone, we just have to keep looking.
Wish that was true.:sad:

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Why does it have to be anything you're doing Mal? I went down this road, the if I'd done this and if I'd done that. You know what, people leave for all sorts of reasons usually quite selfish ones; doesn't mean to say everyone will.

In this day and age people seem to be always thinking the grass is greener, or looking for the thrill that only exists at the beginning of a relationship. Nothing you can do about it hun but look for someone who wants something deeper.

And to MJ aawww hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00