no reason not to.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by bumper, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bumper

bumper Well-Known Member

That's what it comes down to.

Someone asked me why I want to kill myself. And I could have gone on and on about the pain, suffering, and misery I endure every day. But I didn't. Because the best answer is "why not?".

There is no reason to NOT kill myself. There is nothing good about life. And in the end, all the therapy, drugs, support and so on mean nothing. That's just running from the problem, and essentially making it worse.

So the next time you are comtemplating suicide, ask yourself "why not?". If you can answer that question, then perhaps it is best if you live.

If you CAN'T answer that question, then get on with it.

2. I AGREE

3. Death71

Death71 Guest

It's scarry though, what if you make a mess of it, what about the people left behind. I know you or I won't be around to care but it's just confusing. I used to think you could kill yourself and not leave any notes or anything to people, i've tried writing them and it's so hard. I've got one on my PC, as I wasn't sure what was going to happen this weekend. I'm still here though :wink:

For me anyway it's not easy, i don't think you can go on living being unhappy, and the more you talk to it about people the less impact it'll have, the boy that cried wolf etc. Life can be beautiful, but seeing the flowers blooming today and the sunshine coming with another spring and summer coming makes me miserable. I don't know what i'm going on about now, rambling idiot time obviously. I've lived in hope for years, I want to be saved, you can only save yourself, i don't think i can do it.

4. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I have to cite the logic fallacy of argument from ignorance.

5. Quezi

Quezi Member

It's lacking a good method not a good reason that holds us back.

Had everybody an instant 'YES'/'NO' touchscreen, only a handful would still remain.

6. Skyz

Skyz Member

Um, how about the people you care about and the people that care about you, for starters? The fact that there are good feelings in life, challenges to overcome, things to discover, fun to have, the list is endless. My sister died at 11 because of a disease her mother infected her with at birth, she didn't even get a chance to be alive. There is nothing good in life, no reason not to kill yourself, what kind of bullshit is that? There is every reason not to kill yourself and to make use of the life you have to better it for yourself and the people around you. My sister used to sit there in the car talking about what she wanted to be when she grew up and all that stuff kids say when they're young and bam, dead, and there you are with a life you're content to just toss aside because you can't find the courage to do something with it. I know I'm probably breaking forum rules but I really don't care, you have a great thing that some people don't even have a chance at and you'd sooner throw it away than take a closer look at it. I'm sorry but that's disgusting, what ever happened to trying?

7. Valis16

Valis16 Guest

I basically agree with bumper. And I know there are people who overcome horrible things to live, and people like your sister who die with their whole future ahead of them. It'd be great if I could bring them back by suiciding, wouldn't it? The fact is, we all have our lives and freewill. If less pain lies along the path of killing oneself, I don't think that cheapens life for anyone else.

8. dreamstar

dreamstar Active Member

Who are you to judge, Skyz?! If a person feels like ending it because they're suffering endless misery who are you to judge and say its disgusting and bullshit?! You'd only make a suicidal person feel TENS TIMES MORE SUICIDAL! I really HOPE there is no one in your life who feels suicidal and ever tells you about it! If so I feel VERY sorry for them! Why dont you try learning some sensitivity and compassion! Thats something you can work on learning during your very beautiful/fun/exciting journey of life!

Sonya

9. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Skyz I'm desperately so sorry about your sister and wish I could bring her back knowing that's even stupid to say.yes of course her life was robbed,but unless you've been suicidal and severely depressed you don't know what it's like to be in such a way.You're talking llike it's that easy to change and I'm reassuring you after years of so much pain if it was that easy we would be changing like that.
    I could be wrong but I don't think you've ever experience severe suicidal thoughts,I just want you to realise that people who are severely depressed aren't as weak as you think they're.Sorry to say but I found your points as somewhat ignorant not that I really care because I've heard it all before.Also if you want to talk about courage walk in my shoes for a day and see what courage is about,please don't question someone's feelings because you haven't been in the same situation you have no idea what it feel's like.

10. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Skyz I'm desperately so sorry about your sister and wish I could bring her back knowing that's even stupid to say.Yes of course her life was robbed,but unless you've been suicidal and severely depressed you don't know what it's like to be in such a way.You're talking llike it's that easy to change and I'm reassuring you after years of so much pain if it was that easy we would be changing like that.
    I could be wrong but I don't think you've ever experience severe suicidal thoughts,I just want you to realise that people who are severely depressed aren't as weak as you think they're.Sorry to say but I found your points as somewhat ignorant not that I really care because I've heard it all before.
    If you want to talk about courage come and walk in my shoes for a day or a person who's severely depressed then I'd like to see if you would be speaking in the same fashion.
    Sorry to say but you have no idea and you're just making a judgement on something because it seems to me that you've never been in those depths of despair.You don't walk in the shoes of people on these forums nor are you in their bodies and minds so how the hell do you know what they're going through.Finally just to add in case you didn't know depression is an illness and I hope for your sake you never have to experience it,I could be wrong but I don't think you've felt the pain's of suicide before.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2007
  11. bumper

bumper Well-Known Member

Thanks skyz for making me feel worse than I already do.

Why are you here? Did you sign up for this forum in order to belittle and insult people?

The fact is, you don't know me and you don't know anything about me. All that bullshit you just said does not apply to me or my situation. It only applies to YOU. So why bother saying it? Does it make you feel good about yourself to let others know what we are missing.

Thanks a lot.

I don't have family or friends. There is absolutely nothing that brings me joy. And I endure excrutiating pain, suffering, and misery every moment of every day. I have nothing to live for. Did you even bother to read my original post?

You say "whatever happened to trying?", and I say:
    What are you talking about? You don't know anything about me. You don't know how much energy I put into "trying". You don't know how many years I spent in therapy. You don't know how many different medications I've been on. You don't know how much I've struggled and fought. You don't know how many times I've been beaten down by life.

You don't know. You don't know what you're talking about. So shut up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.