no reason to be here

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ifurcontemplating, Jul 20, 2016.

1. ifurcontemplating

ifurcontemplating New Member

Sometimes i feel like there's not reason for me to be here. I recently moved out of my parents house and i've been struggling. I feel as if i'll be struggling the rest of my life. I'm always working and i work on weekends mostly late hours so I never really see any friends. I've never had a serious relationship and because of my job its hard to go anywhere or meet anybody. I'm afraid with my financial situation i'll have to find a second job and I won't have any time for anything. I don't want to be broke or alone forever. Sometimes I feel so alone like nobody cares about me. IT just seems like everyone else has it easier. I've cried everyday for the past week and i just hate my life. I don't know what to do.
  2. NorthSouth

NorthSouth Member

Hi. well, first of all, I live alone too -- in a basement "apartment" (really, just someone's basement in their house -- kind of embarrassing at age 46, eh?) While I don't work the unusual hours that you do, I know the feeling of having to spend most of my time working (in my case at a menial job that I never planned to commit my life and education to) just to keep my head above water, and not have much time or energy for much else. When I spend a lot of time alone, I don't make friends and there really isn't anybody who cares about me. In my case, at least, I have to make the effort to get out there, even after long days, and try to make friends. It's not easy, I understand. Besides being tired from work, there's the fear of inadequacy, anxiety and self-consciousness that sometime doesn't make it seem worth trying. I don't know if those are the same metal hurdles you experience, but I guess I'm just trying to say I understand the sadness of being alone and feeling the lack of ability to make friends. It would definitely make one feel trapped and sad about their life. I don't know if I'm qualified to offer suggestions, except -- and I'm sure you've heard it before -- making time to talk to a social worker or counselor. It's not a panacea, but maybe then you wouldn't have to suffer alone. I don't know if any of this helped. But I was moved by your plight of loneliness and just your general situation. I just felt like I had to write back and at least acknowledge your sadness and let you know it's okay to feel that way. It's very understandable about how you feel about your life and I wish i could just give you an answer. You can probably contact a staff member for better advice than I could give you. I just wanted to show you that you're not alone and it does suck to live by yourself and feel that you're not cared for. Well, for whatever it's worth, I do care and I hope you can find more people here who also care and can help guide you. Hang in there and take care.
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am sorry that you feel like no one cares about you. What about calling friends on the phone if you do not have time to meet with them. *hugs*
  4. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

ifurcontemplating, I live alone yet with someone if that makes sense, my spouse. I recently retired from a job with a small pension because of stress yet being home caused even more if that makes sense. I looked for a job for the last 5 months and finally am going to start one on Monday. Looking forward to it as it gets me out and with people yet I have to try and mask the depression I am in.
    I am looking at it to develop human contact other than what I have with the hope that it will help with the depression. I am trying to see it as a positive and trying not to make it my life which is what happened at my last job.
    I understand the feeling of everyone has it easier than me yet the jobs I have worked for the last 32 years have proven that theory wrong. I try to tell myself that my life is not so bad and that I have done the right thing over the years.
    Keep looking for the positive, reach out for human contact where you can, I find that saying please/thank you to everyone even the clerk at a gas station makes them smile and in the end it makes me feel good too.