no reason to live

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by somerandom, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somerandom

somerandom Member

will someone explain to me why its so important to not comit suicide if you are sure that's what you want.?
    i think its only respectful to allow a person to go when they want to.
    i've lost any moral obligation to stay alive.
    my life feels like a nightmare. i wake up and i am filled with dread, i sleep for relief. i dont have children or lovers or a family who i am emotionally attached to. i dont see whats so bad about just leaving. i don't do anything well and i'm getting too old to turn things around. i dont see the point of living to work in an office surrounded by people i cant relate to and being hounded by my family all the time. depression gets the better of me if these other dreary things don't.
    so i'm basically ready and quite happy to go. it doesnt make me sad one bit. i don't want to do anything else.. i just want this farce to stop.
    its good for the environment too!
  2. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

I basically agree with what you say, I'm the same, my life is empty and I'm so tired of this life now and I want to go.

I think it is so important to not commit suicide when you're sure what you want because of the grief that close family members will experience. You say it is only respectful to allow you to go, and in one way I agree with you but this evening I was sat here thinking about how sad it would be to die alone and it would be nice if my mom could understand and be there with me. But then I think I could not put her through the upset and she wouldn't have it, just phone the police on me or something, I guess it is just a mother thing, when I go I'll be all on my own, just how I lived my life. I remember how sad it was when I saw my Dad in the Chapel of rest I just broke down, that is how my Mom would be with me, probably wondering what she could have done to make things turn out different.

e2a: the other reason not to die is to exist holding onto a glimmer of hope for the future
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2008
  3. somerandom

somerandom Member

going through a family death must put things in perspective eh.

i used to think the same way but i realised that my parents are on their own planet, they are more into their religion than anything else so they won't ever really miss me for me.. it will be more the idea of me. ..which they made up in their heads so well.. im sure they'll make up a way of dealing with it..blame it on the devil or something. whatever..they don't see me anyway and they chose not to see me so whatever.
    i'm not punishing them but i dont see why their feelings are any more important than mine. i dont see why i should live a nightmare because their made up world needs to feel more real.
  4. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

Their feelings are not more important, but if you choose to exit this life you won't have any feelings left so the only thing you need to consider is your legacy, i.e the carnage you're leaving behind.

I know what you mean though, it is your life, you have to live it, not anybody else and ultimately I believe people should be able to choose their own destiny. It is the pressures of life and society I can't cope with, the loneliness is killing me.

It is quite a common theme on here, about suicide being selfish, there are whole threads on it. Ultimately though it isn't selfish, cos when all coping mechanisms dissapear and there is no way out of a situation it is hard to live for somebody else.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. It is like a balancing scale, on the one hand I can't cope and want to die, on the other side I don't want to make the effort to terminate my own life and leave behind a greaving family.

You mention religion, some people just get too wrapped up in that. I don't have a religion, I'm agnostic, but most people just inherit the religion of their parents, which is just so wrong. As far as I'm concerned religion is just exagerated stories used to control the masses.

This is well worth watching, although it might be triggering. It does go a bit far though with things, but it is a real eye opener.

Take care
  5. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

I am right there with you.
  6. somerandom

somerandom Member

really interesting film.. hope its true. all i know is the only certainty is uncertainty. although it does amaze me how thick people are when it comes to policies on war.
  7. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I don't think what other people believe should even be a concern when it comes to your life. Whether it's important or not is totally up to you. Not that I'm advocating suicide, but just in general, at the end of the day it is your life and the only way it will swing the way you want it to is if what you did to it was what you wanted to, not what other people living other lives thought was best for you.
  8. I totally agree with you. If I can have one good reason not to kill myself, then I woudn't be here in this forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.