No Reason

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by hammockmonkey, Mar 21, 2008.

1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

i really have no reason to feel this way. i come from a good family that loves and supports me, i have close friends that i can trust with anything. i'm pretty good with meeting girls. I'm just here . . . . I just feel so low . . . I'll drink so more whisky and watch some more movie and sit here at 4am wondering just what it is i'm going to do at 8 when i have to get up.

fuck this is nothing but egotistical bullshit. why do i need to feel something when i feel nothing? why do i need to feel something at all . . . ?

2. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

:) i've had people tell me i should be happy in my position, but i find all i have is vodka and people like you :( . which is to say people who know what's going on.
    no reason, no reason, all should be great, except it's not.
    which is, well, emptiness and nothing.
    cheers, hammockmonkey.

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hey hamm because you feel it. So that makes it worth while. Just some lyrics for you to contemplate.

Pain without love
    Pain cant get enough
    Pain I like it rough
    Cuz I"d rather feel pain then nothing at all

May not be exact but you get the drift. Next time in chat, we'll tip a few back together!!!

4. hammockmonkey

i used to think i'd like to have my heart ripped out just so i knew where it was. now i just want everyone to leave me alone in some cave and let me be. i don't really mean that, but i do. i like the idea of people, just not me around them.

numb is a weird feeling, kinda leaves me with shivers too.

5. SadDude1980

SadDude1980 Well-Known Member

I haven't drank for 24 hours and I usually drink every day to cope with my general stress and misery. So I had me some fun last night. I was (and still am) sweating almost profusely off and on from my head and I woke up like every 5-15 minutes since the moment I laid down. Kept seeing things. My wife's face and I'd wake up with this giant smile on my face. Then it'd dissapear once I realized she's not here and neither is my daughter. Stressful horrible sleep. It's hard to eat, hard to think, but I have to get going and do all the crap I have to do today regardless and then I have fun fun fun work for the rest of the day.

but I understand what you mean. Times when it seems like, "hey I SHOULD Be happy". but just aren't and the alcohol is just right there ready to go and dull out and haze over an ugly looking world.

6. Ire

Ire Guest

I am right there with you... no reason to be depressed at all...

7. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

what if alcohol is the reason of why you feel like that? i self harm, and when i feel sad and empty i know its because i`m looking for reasons to do it. May be the lack of reason is deppresing you even more, what i would do in your place is to try to focus in something else(i know its terrible hard) but yet, if you manage to do something instead of thinking about how you feel you`ll be able to find a cope techniche that works for you(all of you)

8. taranama

taranama Well-Known Member

i think you guys should be careful that alcoholism doesn't take the place of your depression, or worse, gets on top of it. there's better ways to deal with depression and i know that alcohol isn't one of them.

please be careful guys :hug:

9. hammockmonkey

i feel this way when i'm sober too. and i don't drink all the time or even have to drink all of the time. i do like to drink and when i'm feeling shitty . . .

10. hammockmonkey

slow internet leads to double posts

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
  11. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

No one started drinking alcohol thinking they would end up being an alcoholic and their life being ruined. Most alcoholics drank alcohol to cope with internal pains and it became out of control. So please if you can, try to stay away from alcohol as often as you can. E.g. only drink in social setting with friends.
    I think you need to find that motivation that can lift your life. You need to have a vision in life otherwise it would be living like a robot, u know? For instance, I envision myself working as CPA/IRS/FBI agent, marrying a woman I love, raising offspring, and living in comfortable house. I don't know if it will indeed ever come true or not. But knowing my clear goals/visions I want to accomplish and knowning what I have to get there, helps me a great deal to stay motivated and excited about life. Please find that vision/motivation that can excite and lift your life.

-Hank-

12. You'd make a great FBI agent, Hank. :hug: