No rest for the wicked

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by the_me_that_you_know, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I never sleep well. Insomnia is a big problem caused by my medication. They give me sleeping pills that don't work. I take tons of benadryl to no avail. So after a 1 hour nap yesterday evening I've been cruising the forum all night(if you see all my posts you'll know why I call myself wicked). The sun will be rising soon so I've resigned myself to drinking lots of coffee, to counter the wearyness(purely physical) that leaves me unable to do stuff. I long for an eternal sleep..... to catch up on all the sleep I've lost in this life, intentionally or not. Maybe I can wake up and sleep normally in another life.

2. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

What medication are you on?

3. It's a schizophrenia med called Abilify & I think it's experimental. It works for my severe symptoms so I must take it daily. Doctor told me 1 out of 3 people suffer from the killer headaches it causes me. The insomnia is another common side-effect.

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I sleep WAYYYY too much. Together, we might just be able to have a normal sleep schedule!

5. Good idea! I'll ready the brain-transfer device... lol

6. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

Funny post!!

I tried Abilfy last summer. No prob. Ask the pdoc about Seroquel for sleep help or for mania symptoms. I love it. I only need 50 mg to get 8-9 horurs. If I do not take it, same as you, I don't sleep. Other friend takes Ambien to help sleep. Call nurse and tell them or ask for earlier appt.
    Tried Tylenol PM?

7. The PM in the tylenol is just benadryl. Sleeping is sporadic at best... it's like 6 in the morning and I think I got 5 hours or something less. My bro is stuck awake forever and he takes the abilify too. Unfortunately they give him 900 mg of seroquel daily..... I guess it helps a little, but I've been on it in the past. It quits working for some reason if you take it often(for sleep anyway). It hardly controls his symptoms at all. But it's better than nothing. He needs something for his delusions badly. Btw: the side effects are only potential ones. Not everyone will be affected.

8. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

Yeah I know, side effects and symptoms do vary.
    Read some of the posts in the "medication and Treatment" forum here.
    There is also a good list of links to research other med types.

9. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Have you asked your doc about Ambien? That stuff could put a horse to sleep :)

10. Sh4dow

Sh4dow New Member

HEY MAN!! Ever try MEDITATION for sleep?!?! oh and the bible verse is about hell and those who commit audacious crimes who are tormented by them.....If you are wicked then you are.......Anyway...Meditation is better than any drug....Ive taken ambien 4 at a time and it gets me really high then sleepy. But when i USED to meditate i slept for what seemed like and eternity for 7-8 hours a night....best rest ive ever had. Well rested for work the next day. TRY IT MAN GNIGHT!

11. Everything quits working for me after the first time I take it. Exept for stuff like xanax.... much stronger than ambien... but I can't get a doc to give me anything except the benedryl, restoril, and ativan I am prescribed. It's a shame that that combination does not work. :blink:

12. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

Try another or second opinion dr.
    That happened to me, a different dr. at another clinic tried a new mood stabilizer, my regular pdoc did not try Lamictal before...a new perspective.

13. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

yeah I am the same way. I stay up until my eyes hurt and I pass out. then i over sleep .

14. I used to meditate. I got this book from a bookstore run by a church that tells you how to meditate, and get this, use actual physical abilities of the mind(telekinesis). Now this book is also full of children's stoiries as well as advise-purely religious & meant to help children act properly. I believe that you must have a child-like mind to actually believe this certain form of "meditation" to develope your mental abilities in order to cause a physical reaction is even possible. I know there are stories or documentation about cases of telekinesis & people believe it's possible or has happened yet I think the belief is that you are born with the ability and it's usually uncontrollable & happens spontaneously/randomly or whatever..... anyone ever see it caught on film? I have only seen shows where they claim it's real/has happened & they tell the story of the event by reanacting what happened using "movie magic"..,.(special effects)----Oh the suspense must be deadly in this post(if you've hung in there & are curious at all)!! I'gone kinda ofrf topic yet if you could actually use mere willpower to the extremety of causing physical effects in reality it would also put physical strain on the body/you'd lose your very strength-mentally as well as physically-causing the need for rest, for the mind, body & spirit. Don't try too hard and strain yourself physicall or cause an annuerism of the brain(much conscentration required to succeed). FINALLY!
    1. assume a comfortable position physically, place an extremely light object-like an air-filled balloon-in plain view, the object MUST be completely steady(no air currents or even a draft around that would affect it's movement).
    2. close your eyes & clear your mind of all thought
    3. concentrate/meditate on only this: the power you feel in your mind
    4. try using your mind to will your body's "power" into your mind(the book said imagine power moving upward, feel it from your feet, rising, traveling through your body. Imagine/will/feel this energy rising upward)
    5. start concentrating/meditating on the rest of your body's "power", always will/imagine/try to feel the physical power of your body flowing upward toward your head(book said imagine the power flowing upways from first from the bottom of your body(feet), to your legs, then torso, hands, arms, chest, neck...eventually feel energy rising from all parts of your body, always rising upward into your head
    6. concentrate on this "power" rising for as long as you need to. Eventually you should feel "power" filling your mind
    7 when you feel you are ready simply open ur eyes & feel the gathered energy "shoot at the object

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.