no self confidence leads to suicidal thoughts

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by DarkLordVader, Apr 14, 2013.

1. DarkLordVader

DarkLordVader Well-Known Member

a friend of mine today was trying to introduce me to a nice young lady, but unfortunately he told me some things that made me feel like a old worthless fat pig. i have no confidence in myself, nor will i ever, i cant stand who i am. i hate my life and everything i have become. there is no point in getting back in shape because i am 40 with grey hair who looks more like 50. no job, no career, no life. all i want to do is get drunk and i cant even do that due to a health scare i had a few days ago. so now i am nothing more then a miserable old man who just wants to die. why cant there be a remedy for us who want out. why cant there be a store that sells a drink i could take and then be done and over. nothing anyone can say will change my mind about this. i hate, i hate, i hate....
  2. yoyo

yoyo Well-Known Member

<Mod Edit: Inappropriate>
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  3. DarkLordVader

you see what a person gets when asking for help?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  4. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

Your friend told you things that made you feel worthless or the lady he was trying to introduce you to did? I know you said 'he' I'm just unsure if it was a typo. Anyways I'll assume it was correct, and in that case maybe he was trying to give you constructive criticism in his mind but there was an unintended result of you feeling inadequate. I don't know what was said so obviously that's merely speculation. Some people do like to tear others down in order to build themselves up.

I'm sorry that you feel that way about yourself. It may be because you're depressed that you feel such a lack of confidence do you remember a time when you were younger you had more confidence?

40 isn't that old at all in this day and age, you should be kinder to yourself.

If you do decide trying to get back into shape you should do it for the right reasons, as in more for yourself, it would most likely make you feel better about yourself, instead of trying to impress a woman, even though the latter might be a good 'side effect' of getting back in shape. A good thing about working out is that it releases good natural endorphins. I recall hearing a Doctor kind of radio show how that a good percentage of people who are on anti-depressants do not need them if they would do cardio for 30-45mins 4-5 times a week.

With the way our society has become and advanced over the centuries, a large portion of people especially in more modern places in the world have become quite sedentary(myself included), our bodies weren't made to be this way and it can lead to depression and other problems.

I'm not in shape myself, and I can relate to other things your saying about no job, career, or life, except I'm in my mid-late 20's. I did workout for the first time in a while just over a week ago but now I'm on this medicine which is really fatiguing me, so I'm looking forward to when I'm off it so I can workout again.

I hope you're feeling better.
  5. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Yes why don't you take up running or some other sport or just walking places helps a lot, it will improve your mood and make you feel better for yourself.
    but always whatever you do start slowly.
  6. DarkLordVader

i did buy a gym membership and went 2 times and i paid for a whole month. so you see, my destiny is death, not life. why cant i find a nice and easy way out because there isnt anything here for me