No support from anyone

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Silverstandard, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm a young adults outpatient program for my depression. I've there for a couple weeks and will be discharged in few days. However, I'm going to leave this program the exact same way I came in. Over the course of the past few weeks I've been trying to be happy or act happy so I'm not a downer on everyone. I've been Zoloft for 8 weeks at 200 mg and there is no affect, I talked to my doctor about switching antidepressants but he thinks I've made improvements so the Zoloft is working. I mentioned this in group and everyone thinks I've improved so there's no need for a new antidepressant. My depression is getting worse with time and I need new medication. In addition, I'm not getting any support at home, my parents are denial and my friends think I need to stop being so sad and smoke some weed.

2. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

Hi silver, I know it may be hard but if you have private sessions could you not explain the reason youve been pretending to be happy? I know it would be difficult but it would be better than going home with some useless medication and more unhappy than when you went in? Explain that your just putting on a brave face and about your parents. If that doesnt work then could you say you are unhappy with the side effects or something? I hope you let us know how it goes ! xx

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

need to be honest with your doctor okay tell him or her you have been putting on a act of happiness the meds are not working and you need to change them now while in hospital leave a letter for your doctor to read if you cannot talk in person okay give in to nurse to give to doctor. hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.