No support network and in crisis

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by iamnothere, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamnothere

iamnothere Member

I'm 34. Both my parents died years ago. My siblings live ages away and honestly, even when they lived close by they were never supportive.

I have no friends. Literally, none. There are a number of people with whom I'm friendly, but I would not class them as my friends and I have no doubt at all they would not class me as theirs.

My wife is not sure how she feels about me anymore, so I'm about to get the boot. She has been my whole world, and now that's gone.

I had a practice run at killing myself this morning to see if it's all that bad. It wasn't.

I have no support network and nobody to talk to.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu can make friends here talk to people who are have been in the same shoes you are in and see how they survived and moved forward. Your siblings although they do not show they care they do and would not want harm to come to you ok Nor would your wife she would only suffer if you left
    Keep talking here ok let this forum be support for you
  3. iamnothere

iamnothere Member

My wife is the one who wants me gone, though. She can't have it both ways.
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry you are in such a difficult place. It is hard to make new friends when you don't have any to start with- people tend to forget that because they do not notice that usually you make new friends by being introduced to people from other friends. It is one of life's many little circles that that without friends to start with it is hard to meet new ones.

It may be worth reaching out to your siblings casually and seeing if there is interest in getting to know each other better again- maybe a visit to get away for a few days. You know better than us if that is realistic or not but without trying it is hard to be sure.

When your relationship with one person is all that you have (spouse for example) and that gets difficult it makes everything harder. Many of us have been in that place before. I wish I had simple answers but I do not, but I am glad you posted here this morning and hope you continue to post. Another thing to consider if you have not is professional support or counseling. If th espouse would will not consider marriage counseling then maybe you can talk to a counselor and use as a sounding board to help you figure out if trying to salvage that relationship makes sense to you anymore.

I am glad you decided it is not that bad yet and are still here. Take care and be safe-

- Ben
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi welcome to forum. You joined a wonderful network of people. You want support, you have come to the right place. You are among friends who will help you and support you. You are NO LONGER ALONE. Keep posting here for support and care you need in your crisis.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I hope you'll continue to post here, to reach out. This is a great starting point for building a support network and finding people that genuinely care. Here if you ever feel like talking.
  7. iamnothere

iamnothere Member

I am getting thoroughly sick of reading absolutely everywhere about how talking with your friends will help.

I have no f**king friends!
  8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Can you reach out to people you don't know? I've found out that can be a starting point toward making friends.
  9. iamnothere

iamnothere Member

I'm not going to walk around announcing to strangers that I want to kill myself and I'd like them to be my friend, no.
  10. Unknown_111

hi, how can we help and support you. We want to help you. Perhaps if you let Wildcherry become your friend, she will help you. Please accept her as a friend as.she is very sincere. You have to trust her. Please accept her as a friend.
  11. Unknown_111

I'm sorry if I have upset you but she is a really nice person. It's your decision which I totally respect.
  12. iamnothere

iamnothere Member

It doesn't work that way, though, does it? You don't just rock up to people, online or off, saying "I'm going to be your friend" and *bam* you're friends.
  13. Unknown_111

Hi, I understand what you said and totally respect your decision. Take the first step and don't be afraid. You have nothing to lose. I respect you and let you decide. Please keep posting for support here, please.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.