No sure what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been unemployed for more than two years. I keep looking for work but nothing is turning up. I feel so helpless like nothing will ever get better. I am running out of savings. I have family to stay with thankfully but thats not really a solution. I feel like i have no options left and am seriously considering the only way out I feel I have right now.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
just know that you are not alone here okay so it is not you it is the economy
So many are looking for jobs Maybe take any job for now okay even if it is just working at a donut shop until economy picks up It is better to go in and talk to someone if you can emailing not as affective I hope you can find something soon but don't believe it is you okay just dam economy so keep trying and fighting and getting your name out there even if you have to send it several times a day hugs

lachrymose27

totally going through the same motions. each day my fear and anxiety worsens. terrible feeling!

I have been unemployed for more than two years. I keep looking for work but nothing is turning up. I feel so helpless like nothing will ever get better. I am running out of savings. I have family to stay with thankfully but thats not really a solution. I feel like i have no options left and am seriously considering the only way out I feel I have right now.

I have tried looking for retail type jobs with no luck. I can't work in food service because I can't wash my hands that much per day. I also can't handle chemicals. I have psoriasis.

I would go back to school but I already have a Master's degree and a ton of student loan debt. I wouldn't mind a different field but I don't think there are any jobs in any of the other fields either. Also because I already have a degree I do not qualify for grants.

Its not like I want much. Just a place of my own and my bills paid. I think I have earned AT LEAST that. Living this way just isn't acceptable.

At this point, I really don't see other way out so I have set a date. This seems like the only logical choice because I have tried everything else and nothing has change. Living this way is just not acceptable especially since I have worked so hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

lachrymose27

I know that this isn't really the best option... but have you thought about army reserve? they teach a lot of skills that might help you after you're done with service.. It's something even i'm considering since i seem to be a deadbeat right now

I have tried looking for retail type jobs with no luck. I can't work in food service because I can't wash my hands that much per day. I also can't handle chemicals. I have psoriasis.

I would go back to school but I already have a Master's degree and a ton of student loan debt. I wouldn't mind a different field but I don't think there are any jobs in any of the other fields either. Also because I already have a degree I do not qualify for grants.

Its not like I want much. Just a place of my own and my bills paid. I think I have earned AT LEAST that. Living this way just isn't acceptable.

At this point, I really don't see other way out so I have set a date. This seems like the only logical choice because I have tried everything else and nothing has change. Living this way is just not acceptable especially since I have worked so hard.

Army does not take people with psoriasis, or neck injuries, or nerve damage. or deformed vertebrae. I already HAVE skills, more skills than they would teach me. Not to mention that I'm too old for military.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00