No therapist til January now. Will I crack?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Unknown_Entity_xO, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So today was my last session until Jan 7th.

Its only a small amount of time, roughly 2 weeks, but I can slightly begin to feel the fear set in, of not having a time to talk about how I feel.

I'm sure theres many people in the same situation, but yeah just generally, I feel uneasy now. =/

Stupid right? I dunno how i'll cope..

2. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

you will cope, you won't crack, you have SF. so if you need to talk to someone, post here until jan 7th. :)

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Come here everyday until you can see your therapist. Do you have a diary here? You can have a public or a private diary here and I have found it helps in between therapy appointments.

I hope you feel better. :hug:

Vivian

4. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Hey yes I'm in the same situation but I don't see my until the 17, you still have SF and you can also call a helpline if you need someone to talk to about your feeling they will be willing to listen to you, you can also check out get connected they can offer advice and guide you heres there linky http://www.getconnected.org.uk/ they close at 10 open around 4:30 x

5. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Hi. You won't crack - keep posting here and there's always the Samaritans. See if your local MIND has drop in sessions. Is there a local walk in GP surgery? Identify sources of support just in case you wobble.

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i'm in exactly the same situation, i think many of us are. i know you'll be okay. you have us. you can post here as often as you need. plus there's the crisis line if you start to feel shaky. you don't have to wait until you are in total crisis to call them, even if you start to feel a little off you can call. if you need to talk your therapist while she/he's away you can write them a letter. then seal it and put it on the shelf until they are back. get it all down and out of your system and then put it away. you can read them together once your therapist is back. good luck and hang in there!

7. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Hi, try not to worry as everyone else has said you can come on here and phone crisis lines. If you don't want to talk on the forum then please feel free to pm me. I'll be more than happy to listen to you.
    Are you Manchester UK? If so, hello fellow Mancunian!!!!
    xxxxxx

8. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I won't see mine until 10th January, and haven't seen him since last week because of the snow, so it'll be four weeks between appointments. It scares the hell out of me to realise how reliant I am on him, but at the same time I have no idea how I'm going to get through this.

Mim

9. ignoredchild

ignoredchild New Member

i have a psychiatrist but i hate him. i just started seeing a psychologist weekly and she is nice. i will see her today but not again for two weeks. i don't have any friends or family so i have no one to talk to except her. two weeks is a long time in my isolation. right now, i'm feeling that i would be better off dead.

10. Hey all,
    Thanks for the replies, was a little busy in the run up to xmas at work (which I suppose is a good thing).

Last few days I haven't felt the best, feel like i'm slipping abit but getting through it, hope everyone else is alright...

@CatherineC: Yes I am from Manchester in the UK, nearer the Salford area though. :)

11. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Feel free to pm me if you need to talk. I check the site first thing in the morning and in the evening about this time.
    I went to Salford Uni so I know that bit of Salford. I live nearer the airport which is handy cos I work there. Manchester is FAB but the Mental Health Services here are the absolute pits. Its great that you managed to get a counsellor, hope that it all works out okay.
    Sending hugs!
    x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.