No title

adamjam

So my therapist called the cops and child services on me, while I know why I'm really pissed because we had an agreement that I would tell him if I wasn't ok and he would consult with me before calling the cops. He dropped his end of the bargain so now my husband has taken the kids ( we are separated) and I may lose them and be forced into hospital. Thus far my husband has my back but who knows, he may switch in a second. But hey it's just me, what's it matter, apparently depression is a crime and there is not one person in this whole wide world worthy of trust. Hell trust is a fallacy right up there with hope.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
So my therapist called the cops and child services on me, while I know why I'm really pissed because we had an agreement that I would tell him if I wasn't ok and he would consult with me before calling the cops. He dropped his end of the bargain so now my husband has taken the kids ( we are separated) and I may lose them and be forced into hospital. Thus far my husband has my back but who knows, he may switch in a second. But hey it's just me, what's it matter, apparently depression is a crime and there is not one person in this whole wide world worthy of trust. Hell trust is a fallacy right up there with hope.
I'm really terribly sorry to hear of this news, adamjam... I don't think it was fair of him to break his agreement / word with you like that --& whether or not it was premeditated (meaning he was planning something of a 'hustle,' from the beginning no matter what) I now think he may have compromised his integrity, or trustworthiness with you. Obviously, he clearly felt there was something about your mood, or stability, that frightened him to the level with which to act upon this in this matter. I'll admit I'm not at all familiar with the standards on such a thing when it comes to children being injected into the mix (when it comes to laws, and such). I'd suppose the level with which to act on their part, may be lowered substantially (from say being, "homicidal," instead of simply "suicidal,") if say you've got someone, say a child at home who is dependent on you. Though that is beyond massive speculation on my behalf, and so I should probably not speak, or think quite so recklessly. In any case, it would've been nice if he'd been more upfront about it. One thing to note, and this is something of a sidebar - but I've worked with plenty of folks who have had their kids taken away from them . . . And I'm not saying, or suggesting that-that's at all what in store, or order here (mind you). What I'm saying is that I don't pass any sort of judgement on it whatsoever. Nor do I feel it is a reflection of character (from what I have seen) in any way. So, I hope it turns out for the best. And I now see what you'd meant, earlier in a previous discussion, when you'd said you can't tell your therapist honestly about any suicidal ideations or thoughts you may be having. At the time, I was a bit surprised or taken aback by that (comment), only in so far as--not that you weren't telling the truth or anything... but I thought, how horribly awful to not be able to express yourself freely in that setting and situation. Where help may be afforded you in such a professional manner and sense. But I understand where they're coming from. And you as well. Let's hope it all just turns out for the best. And that what is done, is what's right. Hopefully they'll have you properly evaluated by a psychiatrist or something so that you can tell/explain to them, your side of the story (& how they're - your kids) not in any sort of danger - by your hand.

adamjam

That's what really bothers me about this, after that previous post you mentioned I had a talk with therapist and we came up with a plan and that agreement. All this is about is I had a thought days ago at 3am after a nightmare filled sleep. He agreed I wasn't a danger to my kids and I felt the session went well. Now the online platform I was using closed my account so I cant even get some resolution or closure. I'm afraid of going to the e.r. to be evaluated because I know from experience I won't get to leave. Its terrible how they treat people like me where i live. The cop said he will get a warrant and kick my door down, I dont know the legality behind that but I guess. This is why I should just keep my mouth shut, every fucking time I reach out this shit happens. What's the point of life if you have to go through it alone?

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
That's what really bothers me about this, after that previous post you mentioned I had a talk with therapist and we came up with a plan and that agreement. All this is about is I had a thought days ago at 3am after a nightmare filled sleep. He agreed I wasn't a danger to my kids and I felt the session went well. Now the online platform I was using closed my account so I cant even get some resolution or closure. I'm afraid of going to the e.r. to be evaluated because I know from experience I won't get to leave. Its terrible how they treat people like me where i live. The cop said he will get a warrant and kick my door down, I dont know the legality behind that but I guess. This is why I should just keep my mouth shut, every fucking time I reach out this shit happens. What's the point of life if you have to go through it alone?
I'm so sorry, @adamjam - I really am! . . . This sounds like an incredible, unbelievable nightmare, if I may say... & I guess I didn't know that it was done virtual(ly)? This means, that whether done through face-to-face communication (via video), or only in print/type. The chances for misinterpretation of communication increase tenfold, in my opinion & in my mind. Due to the lack of all kinds of available cues that would be present where you together in the same room, at the same time, breathing the same air and occupying the same space. Meaning that, it is entirely possible his "analysis," & I use this word very loosely in this sense ~ of you, may very well be unfounded, or untrue. As in unrooted in the (ultimate) truth. Especially given the paramaters or nature of which you'd laid out some of the particulars, when it comes to details (given) here: such as that of a late-night, dream (or shortly thereafter).

Of course, I believe that he had several or some of the following things in mind. Saving his own bacon/covering his bases or backside. So error greatly on the side of caution. Then your children, or kids~ . . . followed lastly, by your self; or 'You!' And if I had to guess, it'd be, or go pretty much in that order (of importance). Make sure he's got his professional liabilities protected. Then make sure your little ones are safe. And following or after that, whatever's left-over, we (or he!) can worry about you - with. How wonderful?!? Good luck dealing with all this. I still don't think you did anything wrong, but I do believe that it is hard to read people on line, my self. Regardless of if it is in a "professional," sense -- such as this, or not... So, take it easy on your-self! And have a good one, or as good a one as you can.

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
That's terrible of your therapist @adamjam . I sincerely hope it all works out for you and your family

adamjam

That's terrible of your therapist @adamjam . I sincerely hope it all works out for you and your family
Thank you so much Lane, I am terrified of how all this will turn out. Right now my kids are fine and I'm not worried. I do worry if my husband wont bring them back, they wont like it and will be confused. Who knows what my husband is planning, I'm very anxious about this.

adamjam

I'm so sorry, @adamjam - I really am! . . . This sounds like an incredible, unbelievable nightmare, if I may say... & I guess I didn't know that it was done virtual(ly)? This means, that whether done through face-to-face communication (via video), or only in print/type. The chances for misinterpretation of communication increase tenfold, in my opinion & in my mind. Due to the lack of all kinds of available cues that would be present where you together in the same room, at the same time, breathing the same air and occupying the same space. Meaning that, it is entirely possible his "analysis," & I use this word very loosely in this sense ~ of you, may very well be unfounded, or untrue. As in unrooted in the (ultimate) truth. Especially given the paramaters or nature of which you'd laid out some of the particulars, when it comes to details (given) here: such as that of a late-night, dream (or shortly thereafter).

Of course, I believe that he had several or some of the following things in mind. Saving his own bacon/covering his bases or backside. So error greatly on the side of caution. Then your children, or kids~ . . . followed lastly, by your self; or 'You!' And if I had to guess, it'd be, or go pretty much in that order (of importance). Make sure he's got his professional liabilities protected. Then make sure your little ones are safe. And following or after that, whatever's left-over, we (or he!) can worry about you - with. How wonderful?!? Good luck dealing with all this. I still don't think you did anything wrong, but I do believe that it is hard to read people on line, my self. Regardless of if it is in a "professional," sense -- such as this, or not... So, take it easy on your-self! And have a good one, or as good a one as you can.
Thank you so much for replying. I agree with you and partly why I'm so scared, the therapist told me he was not worried and I cant that out of my head, and the cops showed up 14hrs later. If it's so concerning that I would hurt someone why give me time to do so? I just dont get it. Anyways I'll stop dragging this out, thanks for taking the time to talk about this with me. I really appreciate every reply.

adamjam

I just realized where I posted, so if anyone has some advice I'm open and receptive to it. Thanks again you all for taking the time to reply, I really do appreciate it.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
I just realized where I posted, so if anyone has some advice I'm open and receptive to it. Thanks again you all for taking the time to reply, I really do appreciate it.
No worries. . ! : ) I clearly didn't even see, or notice it (where you'd posted it-the empathy section!) ...what's that word, mean again~? ;) j/k!

And hey--I'd bet after a few days, or a little bit (of labor), your Husband may see what, or just how much work it is having those kids around and caring for them. Or so I'd imagine - a bit different, in mindset alone, in between that, and a 'visit,' or 'visitation.' Maybe? Perhaps... So, hopefully, after about a week: he'll be ready to, "Head for the hills!" I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so cavalier about it... Just trying to think of things from his end. At least he's in your corner for now. And that's all you can really ask. . . But yes, your neck of the woods sounds even worse, or more disturbing than mine - & that's saying something. I think that mental health, or mental illness; anything that can be tied into that behavioral health spectre: when it comes to law enforcement, there is a wide net, in terms of range in which they're able and willing to take care of - or address it. This can come down to training, however, it can also come down to individual preference (or bias). And what I mean by that, if if they think you or me or someone else who falls under that umbrella is a "quack" a 'crank" a "so on," and "so on," Then that can impact how they deal with both from a tactical or technique oriented approach, as well as the way in which they treat and deal with you when it comes to interactions, or interaction-wise, shall we say.

Fortunately, and I guess this sort of goes against what I was saying before about my community where I live, I worked at a lot of Adult Foster Care facilities with people that would from time to time have an occasional (or not so occasional, all just depending~) crisis, which would then lead to the police being called, and getting involved. So, I can tell you I've witnessed firsthand (as well as read countless other reports) just how and the wide array or variance they may have in dealing with a person who is in acute distress. Some of them are like borderline hostage negotiators. Others are like business man, in a salesperson sort of sense. But the best of them are those of course with exceptional communication skills, intelligence when diagnosing a situation, and the willingness to care enough to show compassion to the person they're there to if not treat, then certainly to help. Some of them are of course large jerks. And then this is where I was getting back at, or into what I'd said above, or before as well. When we trained in - one thing that was hammered home into our heads - was that this is the last population (the vulnerable adult who has a mental disability) who it is acceptable or more acceptable to treat disrespectfully, or to be discrimanatory against. In other words, if some people think you're "crazy," then they are justified in treating you as such. Which is not a whole lot different than a criminal, other than they may respect the criminal, and taunt or make fun of, 'You!'

Well... that was a bit longer~~~(than planned!) :^)

adamjam

No worries. . ! : ) I clearly didn't even see, or notice it (where you'd posted it-the empathy section!) ...what's that word, mean again~? ;) j/k!

And hey--I'd bet after a few days, or a little bit (of labor), your Husband may see what, or just how much work it is having those kids around and caring for them. Or so I'd imagine - a bit different, in mindset alone, in between that, and a 'visit,' or 'visitation.' Maybe? Perhaps... So, hopefully, after about a week: he'll be ready to, "Head for the hills!" I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so cavalier about it... Just trying to think of things from his end. At least he's in your corner for now. And that's all you can really ask. . . But yes, your neck of the woods sounds even worse, or more disturbing than mine - & that's saying something. I think that mental health, or mental illness; anything that can be tied into that behavioral health spectre: when it comes to law enforcement, there is a wide net, in terms of range in which they're able and willing to take care of - or address it. This can come down to training, however, it can also come down to individual preference (or bias). And what I mean by that, if if they think you or me or someone else who falls under that umbrella is a "quack" a 'crank" a "so on," and "so on," Then that can impact how they deal with both from a tactical or technique oriented approach, as well as the way in which they treat and deal with you when it comes to interactions, or interaction-wise, shall we say.

Fortunately, and I guess this sort of goes against what I was saying before about my community where I live, I worked at a lot of Adult Foster Care facilities with people that would from time to time have an occasional (or not so occasional, all just depending~) crisis, which would then lead to the police being called, and getting involved. So, I can tell you I've witnessed firsthand (as well as read countless other reports) just how and the wide array or variance they may have in dealing with a person who is in acute distress. Some of them are like borderline hostage negotiators. Others are like business man, in a salesperson sort of sense. But the best of them are those of course with exceptional communication skills, intelligence when diagnosing a situation, and the willingness to care enough to show compassion to the person they're there to if not treat, then certainly to help. Some of them are of course large jerks. And then this is where I was getting back at, or into what I'd said above, or before as well. When we trained in - one thing that was hammered home into our heads - was that this is the last population (the vulnerable adult who has a mental disability) who it is acceptable or more acceptable to treat disrespectfully, or to be discrimanatory against. In other words, if some people think you're "crazy," then they are justified in treating you as such. Which is not a whole lot different than a criminal, other than they may respect the criminal, and taunt or make fun of, 'You!'

Well... that was a bit longer~~~(than planned!) :^)
The end part of your reply is so true and why I'm so afraid right now of to the e.r. for evaluation, this is just rhetoric but why do they have the least trained professionals treat people in distress? E.r. staff and cops no nothing about being like this, I've never understood why it's like this.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
The end part of your reply is so true and why I'm so afraid right now of to the e.r. for evaluation, this is just rhetoric but why do they have the least trained professionals treat people in distress? E.r. staff and cops no nothing about being like this, I've never understood why it's like this.
I don't think you'd have a ton to worry about in that situation, or scenario - in my mind (given that it's a truly "fair-shake!"). And this is when & where it comes to your safety, which is of course--first & foremost! Can't care for your kids, or do much of anything - like care for your self (yes, it's even okay to do that... rumor has it!) :^). . . But, at least where I am at, we have a mental health team there waiting for you to help you with your evaluation, or initial intake (handling, assessing & then processing or relaying that info. on to the psychiatrist on call, in the even that they feel it is necessary to have you admitted to the unit -which can be done voluntarily, by the way...). So, you don't have to deal with your regular run of the mill - for the most part / there are of course some exceptions & even some of them are truly wonderful - it all just depends on what's in(side) their head & their heart in regards you and your condition. And sometimes not, sometimes they are really great 'actors,' or whatever, who (can) just do their job. Which is to treat you kindly & like a human being regardless of personal belief~ but I believe, perhaps now more than ever, you're going to encounter those who are treating you who are themselves being treated in a professional manner for mental illess, or their very own, behavioral health. So, there really is a whole lot less to worry about in that regard, these days anyway! ;^)

adamjam

I don't think you'd have a ton to worry about in that situation, or scenario - in my mind (given that it's a truly "fair-shake!"). And this is when & where it comes to your safety, which is of course--first & foremost! Can't care for your kids, or do much of anything - like care for your self (yes, it's even okay to do that... rumor has it!) :^). . . But, at least where I am at, we have a mental health team there waiting for you to help you with your evaluation, or initial intake (handling, assessing & then processing or relaying that info. on to the psychiatrist on call, in the even that they feel it is necessary to have you admitted to the unit -which can be done voluntarily, by the way...). So, you don't have to deal with your regular run of the mill - for the most part / there are of course some exceptions & even some of them are truly wonderful - it all just depends on what's in(side) their head & their heart in regards you and your condition. And sometimes not, sometimes they are really great 'actors,' or whatever, who (can) just do their job. Which is to treat you kindly & like a human being regardless of personal belief~ but I believe, perhaps now more than ever, you're going to encounter those who are treating you who are themselves being treated in a professional manner for mental illess, or their very own, behavioral health. So, there really is a whole lot less to worry about in that regard, these days anyway! ;^)
Thank you for taking the time today to chat, I really do appreciate it and find it helps. Just wanted to let you know even though no one thinks I am a danger to myself or others I'm still getting involuntarily committed I even agreed to go voluntarily no such luck. It's all about the money here, so I dont know if I get to keep my phone or not but I wanted to let you know I will be m.i.a. for a couple days.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Thank you for taking the time today to chat, I really do appreciate it and find it helps. Just wanted to let you know even though no one thinks I am a danger to myself or others I'm still getting involuntarily committed I even agreed to go voluntarily no such luck. It's all about the money here, so I dont know if I get to keep my phone or not but I wanted to let you know I will be m.i.a. for a couple days.
Hey, thanks for the update! And I'm sorry to hear of the news. But maybe, it will turn out for the best? If you can leave there, feeling better than when you came in... then I think that--that may be the case. : ) Also just wanted you to know, that I am no stranger to the psych ward. . . I suppose I figure I've had about a dozen stints, or thereabouts~ around or on my 'record!' And so, what I can tell you, is that even if nothing of significance happens while in there - sometimes, even just having that "time-out!" from life, is what's so necessary, or essential, in my view. It's like a resetting of the system (or all systems, maybe...) health-wise. So, while not your preferred idea, or route at this time. Perhaps it will turn out for the best. And you will eventually feel as though you've prospered. I know sometimes during the actual process, or experience of being in there, it can be quite jarring; or not all that comfortable, shall we say? Just depending on a whole variety of factors that are very often out of your control. But if you can just take a deep breathe, and relax, and know that this is hopefully/ultimately in your best interest, then I think that-that will be a "good thing!" :^) it's like Bill Murray in that "What About Bob?" movie - where the p-doc, always or keeps telling him ... 'baby_steps!" & "take a vacation from your problems-" ;) laughable of course, in a comedic/film context. But in part, I think, or believe, because there is actually so much truth in it! Good luck and we'll be thinking of you, and waiting on / or for - your return! Best Wishes~

adamjam

I don't know how they could possibly justify forcing you to go if you said you'd go voluntarily.

The system is crap. I'm sorry you're caught up in the crappiness of the crap system.

Hugs
I went outside for a cig in parking lot. Apparently that means I'll leave...thank you for the hug and reply:)

adamjam

Hey, thanks for the update! And I'm sorry to hear of the news. But maybe, it will turn out for the best? If you can leave there, feeling better than when you came in... then I think that--that may be the case. : ) Also just wanted you to know, that I am no stranger to the psych ward. . . I suppose I figure I've had about a dozen stints, or thereabouts~ around or on my 'record!' And so, what I can tell you, is that even if nothing of significance happens while in there - sometimes, even just having that "time-out!" from life, is what's so necessary, or essential, in my view. It's like a resetting of the system (or all systems, maybe...) health-wise. So, while not your preferred idea, or route at this time. Perhaps it will turn out for the best. And you will eventually feel as though you've prospered. I know sometimes during the actual process, or experience of being in there, it can be quite jarring; or not all that comfortable, shall we say? Just depending on a whole variety of factors that are very often out of your control. But if you can just take a deep breathe, and relax, and know that this is hopefully/ultimately in your best interest, then I think that-that will be a "good thing!" :^) it's like Bill Murray in that "What About Bob?" movie - where the p-doc, always or keeps telling him ... 'baby_steps!" & "take a vacation from your problems-" ;) laughable of course, in a comedic/film context. But in part, I think, or believe, because there is actually so much truth in it! Good luck and we'll be thinking of you, and waiting on / or for - your return! Best Wishes~
Thank you so much! The responses really do mean a lot me. As for feeling better, yes I'm very relieved to be home from the dementia patients unit. Depression and ideation, still hanging around. I missed coming on here very much and glad to be back.

adamjam

It's good to hear from you :)

How are things going now?
Thank you, I missed it here. Things are pretty much the same, though I was encouraged to create a portfolio of art and submit it to galleries. Think I'm going to do that. Hope all has been well with you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00