no title

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by evilperson, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evilperson

evilperson Well-Known Member

I am sad. I don't really feel the need to talk. But maybe I do.

Gosh, I'm so confused. My ex-husband is blocking me from leaving hte country to see my family. Well not me, my son, but that's the same thing. I haven't seen them in over ten years, my boy has never even met them. I cannot live without them, without my faith and my land and my culture. I just want to kill myself. I am sick of hearing about other people visiting family because I only have one person here and that's my son.

I wonder if they will let my dead body leave the country.

Sorry. I'm standing two feet from the edge. I hate him so much.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. You should be able to make some nice friends here.

WHich country and why won't your husband let you go?

3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi
    i am glad you found s.f.

i am sorry for your situation
    but
    your husband cannot prevent you from leaving the country

no matter who you are or where you live, you are equal with him babes.
    or better.

er, your husband cannot prevent you from doing anything.

pm me if you want to talk.
    stay here with us and get the support you need. . .

xx

4. evilperson

Yes, but he can stop my son from leaving the country, even for just a holiday. The laws are screwed in this country. And I'm not leaving without my son.

5. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

:hug: I'm sorry you are in this situation, and I realise that it's not as simplistic as simply saying he can't stop you etc.

Is there a reason that he won't allow this to happen?

In my books, men and women are equals and should live as such. But I realise that different cultures have different laws, traditions and ways of living.

Are you able to explain any more of your situation? :hug:

Ellie
    ]

6. mozzz

mozzz New Member

Holiday

Hi,

I am sure the law states that you have a right to take your son anywhere you want provided it is a holiday (less thatn 30 days). He cant stop you going to see your family. Check your local family law.

You must feel really homesick, have you been able to set up a web cam or similar to view your family from afar....that might help.

Best Wishes
    Mozz

7. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Are you in a middle eastern country or some other country which gives the man all parental rights?

8. evilperson

No I am in a Western country but the family law rules here are evil. STupid men's groups.

*sigh* Everything is going to be okay. Just needed a little vent.

9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You should have the right to see your sonas long as there has not been anything you did for your rights to be taken away. I do not know the circumstances behind things, but it sounds as though you love your son very much. Have you looked into what rights you do have? I am sorry you have had to suffer through all you have. I wish there were more we could do to help. We will support you as much as we can. please take care. :hug:

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Is it his consent you need? His consent to take your son out of the country?
    I agree, those laws are ridiculous!!

Im sorry you're going through this, but perhaps you could leave your son with someone you trust while you see your parents :dunno:
    I hope it works out for you. Don't give up,your son needs you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.