No tools for cutting..does it really help?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by insanityx, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insanityx

insanityx Member

Every time I cut my boyfriend takes my tools away from now. Now i have officially ran out of good tools and hiding places. The only thing left are dull scissors and lets face it..its just not enough. I still want to cut even though i know he is trying to help. Should I just go with the flow?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

He is trying to help in the only way he knows how and it is a good start. Are you getting any professional help with coping methods as well? Or have you read or talked to any of the others here with the same issue about things that work for them.

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben

3. insanityx

insanityx Member

I have been getting help since Feb. I see a psychiatrist and a psychologist. My cutting has been diminished for the most part. There are still times when I want to really bad though. I just wish he understood the urge. I dont know if anyone really understands. Well unless the person has SI before. Sometimes my medicines work and sometimes they dont. I guess I just have good days and bad days.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Unfortunately I think the occasional bad day are par for the course - a couple suggestions - first - speak to dr about getting some "as needed" med for the bad times so hopefully the struggle will only last until extra med kicks in 3--45 minutes likely. second- ask boyfriend if he will come sit with you or talk on phone or chat during these periods that you are struggling - last - come write or post here - sometimes just the talking/writing about it helps you sort it in your mind to a managable level.

Take Care and Wishing Well to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.