no way out

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by justastrangegirl, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justastrangegirl

justastrangegirl Well-Known Member

what do you do when you've literally done everything for someone who apparently doesnt give a fuck about you??

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I wouldn't do anything for them any longer, because no one should be treated that way. If people can't respect you or your feelings, then they aren't worth any more of your time.

3. allvr00

allvr00 Member

walk. my 'best friend' of 20 years was the first person i told about my suicidal thoughts back in march..........and she did nothing to help. not even checking in on me. but then when others needed her, she jumped all over it. i realized it was a 1 way friendship and had been for years, i was just hopeful she actually cared.

so i walked. and i am so proud of myself for standing up for myself and my emotions and my value.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oh dear....I know all too well how that feels. You run for the hills. I did everything for my ex boyfriend (literally everything) including paying all the rent, medications, phone ...the list is never ending. Supported him through his mothers funeral. He treated me so badly in the end that I did not feel 1 centimeter tall. He bullied me, controlled me, ugh even thinking about it annoys me! I just walked out one day when I had enough and have not looked back. I am doing so much better without that scum in my life. I'm curious though about who this person is... friend,family?

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOU start looking after YOU now ok and get some space between you and this person so you can see more clearly and eventually you will get the strength to walk away and find someone who does truly appreciate YOU hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.