No way out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bruces, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

This is the end nothing can help me now I've lost everything tottally

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

There's nothing they can do for me either. I feel like I've lost everything. I mean my house and my belongings are still here, but my mind is gone. I don't enjoy any of my things anymore. I just sit around and feel sorry for myself. Once your mind is gone what do you have left really. I think that it would have been better if I had lost all of my belongings than to have lost my mind. At least then I would have had a chance to start over, but with the way things are there's just no hope that I will ever have any kind of a decent life.

3. Starting Over

Starting Over Active Member

Even if you suffer loss of your health, relationships, possessions, etc., you still have one thing-future potential. It is difficult to predict your state years from now, and even if your life only subtly improves, you may really appreciate this improvement in the future (with an improved mental state). Please don't give up! Life is unpredictable, and every once in a while, good things do happen!

4. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Not to me they don't I've had 26 years of depression,I scoff when I read the cliche about depression not been permanant

5. Starting Over

I understand that good things may not seem to happen ever, but don't you ever have brief moments where you find something funny or entertaining? Perhaps seeing a friend, or a tv show you like, or accomplishing a goal, no matter how small? Or maybe helping someone in need? You may be depressed for the rest of your life (I wonder about whether it will ever end, myself) but there are still events/experiences that may be worth experiencing, even if they are seemingly trivial.

6. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

Depressed for life!!! That's not a life is it really it's an existence and a pointless one at that,I'm dysfunctional,incompentant and worthless.

7. Starting Over

Are you close with your family? Do you have an friends? Romantic relationships? Your posts remind me of how I felt after a really bad break up. I wish I could help more :(

8. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I'm close to my family but in some ways that's worse because one of the main reasons I can't end my life is due to guilt on how they'd feel,I've researched suicide methods and chosen one if I had no family it would be so simple

9. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Hi Bruces -

36 years of depression here and I, too, hate that "temporary problem" cliché. I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what is so "temporary" about 36 years.

10. Starting Over

I've lived with depression pretty much all of my life, and I certainly don't believe, nor have I suggested, that clinical depression is "temporary" but I still think there are small things in life that can enhance an otherwise meaningless existence.

Bruces-have you tried an in-person support group for other people with depression/suicidal thoughts? I've found these people are sometimes easier to relate to than my family and friends who don't deal with these issues.

11. CGMAngel

CGMAngel Well-Known Member

Completely agree about the support groups, Starting Over. I have participated in two, and within minutes I felt more connected to some of those in the groups than people I have known my whole life.

The only problem is that such groups don't tend to last too long. Six or eight weeks, if you're lucky. It would be great if I could find one that met every week for the rest of time!! (Thank God for SF.)

12. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I've contacted dignitas several times and supped medical reports but they claim they can't help me,my concern is that suicide attempts often go wrong and leave you with worse problems,I do wish I lived in the hitler era

13. Starting Over

I agree. Although it never happened to me personally, I did meet someone who met there future wife in one of these groups so I guess anything is possible ;)

14. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

What is a support group going to cure?

15. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Support groups may help some people with issues to work out, but talking about my problem isn't going to help me. Before something went wrong with my brain, I didn't have any issues.

16. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I now know I'm ready to die

17. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

They have got to change the euthanasia laws

18. Starting Over

A support group won't cure anything. But it might make your life a little less painful. And it might allow you to meet people who understand your situation.

19. Bruces

Bruces Well-Known Member

I just want to re live life again without any problems I've missed out on so much

20. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sorry you feel this way, it seems that the only person left to help himself feel better is Bruces himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.