No way out

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mhsalt, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhsalt

mhsalt New Member

If there was a court that detemined justifiable suicide, the court would rule in my favor. Here's where I am in my life. My wife recently told me that she's sorry she ever met me. We fight in front of my children which I know is eating my children up inside and I have great children. We are in total financial ruin to the point where we are in actual Chapter 13 bankruptcy.We have no money in the bank, cannot keep up with our bills and foreclosure is a real possibility. I have no friends nor family to discuss my issues with. Did I mention that I'm in a profession that it would be humiliating and possibly career ruining if my bankruptcy ever became public? Our house needs a major repair possibly related to the air conditioner or our plumbing and we have no money to fix it. I now have trouble sleeping and my stomach is so tied up in knots that I can barely eat. I believe my kids love me and if anything happened to me it would crush them and add to what has alreadt been a very difficult life for them. I feel trapped, overwhelmed and totally disgusted with myself for the type of person I' ve become and how I have let my family down. I appreciate the opportunity to throw out this rant; it' s good just to see it out there.
  2. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

And what profession would that be? Are you a financial advisor?
  3. lotte

lotte Well-Known Member

Sorry you are having such a rough time. It's nice to see that you love your kids so much though. Remind them how much you care and do nice things for them. It will make you feel a lot better i think. Just explain to them, that though you may not have a lot of money anymore, it doesn't mean that you will ever stop loving them and that you will find a way to make it okay eventually. Sending you lots of luck. And by the way, welcome to SF. :stars:
  4. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

You are more important to your children than money will ever be.
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

To say that this is a tough economical time would be an understatement. By now, I should have retired and now I see I will be working until I am much there a way to down size before other forces make that a reality? Also, is there a way for you and your wife to get some emotional support so that you do not need to argue in front of the children...if you and your family are together, you need much less than what we all planned...please continue to post and know there are many people who understand...welcome and so glad you decided to share with us
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.