no

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by peach333, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peach333

peach333 Member

I don't know really what i'm feeling. Sometimes i'm so happy but then i can become so depressed and even suicidal. I know there are people who really do care about me. My boyfriend is moving to New York in a couple months. Hes moving without me even though he wants me to go. I can't afford to go, and hes moving with his friend and with them together i just feel like a tag along. i know there just trying to get there career started. Why do I need to come along.. why can't my boyfriend understand i can't go? He just gets frustrated with me... annoyed and he starts yelling and we get in arguments. I'm scared to ask my mom to let me move back home with her and move out from my boyfriends house... but i use to be such a burden to her. i don't know what to do, or even where to live. i hate depending on other people.

2. silver_mist343

silver_mist343 Well-Known Member

have you tried having a good, open talk with ur boyfriend maybe with both of you sitting down with some cold drink (or hot, if wherever u are is cold)? if every time you guys talk about it, u get into an argument, maybe set up a time somewhere nice, calm and quiet so that you two can sort out feelings, work things out, etc.? If that doesn't do much of anything, maybe write a note/letter to let out all the things you want to say to him then tell him to read it at whenever you think is the right time? if talking or writing doesn't work, you could certainly try thinking of maybe some other method. have you two gone on any enjoyable dates recently? if not, maybe both of you just need a good laugh together or somethin, like a good, funny movie. or maybe it might be the opposite and you feel that both of you need to spend a little time apart to sort out your feelings, his feelings, and whatever else needs sorting out =) i'm not sure i'm being much help here but whenever you need to talk, feel free to pm or email me :hug: take care!!!

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Are finances the only reason you don't want to go with them to New York? What are you doing to support youself now. You mentioned not wanting to move back in with your parents and being dependant on them. Maybe you can offer to help them some financially if you move back in. Then you are not relying on them for total support.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I say keep listening to your gut feeling. Only you can decide what is right or wrong for you. I wouldn't make any rash decisions, think things thru. He obviously wants you to come along. What is holding you back?
    The one thing you have that his friend doesn't have is you love him!! I say you two need to find a nice quiet place and talk it over. No shouting at each other it doesn't help if you are blowing up over certain things. You just need to come up with a mutual agreement. What if you stayed behind until he gets a place to stay and a steady job, then move there. It would take off alot of strain on his part, because he only needs to worry about himself. He knows you are safe and at home. I don't know I think you need to bounce that one around for a while and see what happens. Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.