Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Jace, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace

Jace Active Member

In January my closest friend attempted suicide and I haven't heard from her since. Last night my girlfriend of almost a year has attempted suicide, she was everything to me.. I lived for her.. After the thing in January it gave me the push to attempt suicide, and I think it's going to end the same way here... I was already broken.. But now I am completely shattered.. I can't breathe... I'm slipping away... I can't do it anymore...
  2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Living through attempted suicide or completed suicide can be very hard. Have you thought if you attempt the pain only spreads even farther. Your family and friends will have to live through what you are going through now. Please try to hang in there for yourself and for those around you.
  3. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I second that you should think about what you'd do to those who still care for you. Even those who don't seem to care at all will care a little at the least. When you're suicidal you're too busy looking for reasons to do it instead of thinking of reasons not too, most of the time at least. Also, it sounds like you might benefit a lot from some proffesional help. Are you seeing any form of psychiatrist or anything? If you don't have the money for that you could try calling some free phonelines that'll help, like Samaritans or something of the likes.
  4. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

If you kill yourself, others will be affected, just like you are now. Do you want to be responsible for this domino effect. Consider getting some counseling and give yourself time to overcome this pain.
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It is so difficult to be a survivor. It is hard for us to comprehend why the person attempting or successful in suiciding did what they did to us. It makes you feel that you in some way failed them. This is not so. Please do not let the cycle continue. Many people will be affected should you decide to follow in your friends' footsteps. You can get through the pain and confusion, those feelings of hopelessness and helplessness, but you should not try and do it alone. Talk with someone about the way you are feeling. You did take the first step in posting here. I am proud of you for that. Now take it to the next level and tell someone in real life. Continue to share with us how you are doing. we do care. :hug:
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

suicide causes so much pain and grief and being a survivor is hard but you can get through this...
    it is natural to feel like that so early in your grief....give yourself time to heal and get some help for yourself asap
    talk to your doctor about therapy, meds, if you can tell your parents , or if you are suicidal at this minute get yourself off to the ER and get help...
    please don't leave your friends and family with the same pain and grief as you are in..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.