Nobody cares - triggering

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by texaskitty, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have tried so hard to do right and do the things that are helpful to myself but I am overwhelmed.

I am on disability and its not enough to cover the bills. So each month I have to use my inheritance.

I have a hospital bill from may, the bills from the cataract surgeries coming in and last night a storm really damaged my car.

All I want to do is cut and its like people are walking past me going on with their lives with an "o thats too bad".

What happened to support and compassion?

Going to get the razor blades now.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi TexasKitty, please do not get the blades as that will not help you. Please PM me to talk about it. I'm here to show compassion and support. Life might be bad but do not resort to cutting as it does not help. You are worth a lot, I'm implore you do not cut yourself.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

TK we care abt you we do see if disability can give you some extra cash to help pay for medical bills they will sometimes do that ok ask them

4. Sad&Bipolar

Sad&Bipolar Active Member

TexasKitty,
    I can hear your pain and frustration. I am out here too - you are not alone! I have had my share of severe suffering for the past 13+ years. In the past 3 months, I have been in the hospital 4 times. I am no stranger to internal pain.

I have never cut myself, and cannot begin to imagine what that is like. I am sure it lets you relieve some of the pain. However, aren't you also likely to get infections at the cut sites? I think that cutting does more harm than good. Have you tried journaling or CBT or DBT therapies? I know there are other ways to help deal with depression and inner turmoil. Do you think you can try other things?

I am in CBT therapy and work hard at it. It isn't easy, but I have placed hope in it. I am also in TMS treatment. That is trans-cranial magnetic stimulation. It is a hard treatment for me, but there are some signs that it is working to relieve my depression. The point is, there are other ways to handle the stresses you face.

Have you let any family members know about your financial burdens, and the shortfall of disability funds in dealing with them? Sometimes a relative will reach out and help with those difficult situations. Do you have a friend that you can phone when you get the urge to cut? Talking to a live person (versus the computer) can be comforting if you find someone with good listening skills. If the computer is your main source for communication, try the Crisis Chat Line. I use that a lot. I also phone the suicide hotline when I feel I need to speak with a live person at night or on the weekend when it is not practical to call my therapist.

I hope you are okay. I am here ready to listen. You can PM me anytime. Viv.

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just want you to know I care. :hug: Here if you need to talk.

6. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I care Texas. Very much. I wish I could do something more then just say I care. Like send you money. But that is not an option. I can only send many, many hugs.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Angie. Sorry to hear you are struggling with your bills. Is there any way they can make an affordable payment plan for you? And we do care :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.