Nobody Cares

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by rtrt46546565, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

We all pretend to give a shit, but we really couldn't give a shit less. We pretend for the same reason we get married, have kids, go to school, strive for a good career, etc.: social acceptance. It's not socially acceptable to be uncaring, so we hide behind our fake kindness; when really, we're nothing but selfish, greedy human scum.

I don't give a shit about you and you don't give a shit about me. Nobody cares.

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

That can be a true statement Matt, or an untrue one. Parts of it are true, for sure, according to your feelings. But human minds and hearts are like diamonds - with many facets. Not all are negative ones. We can actually choose to focus on things which are not so negative, if we want to. For instance, I choose to believe that I am not all bad. Parts of me are (or have been worse in the past), but ALL of me isn't bad. It all depends what you want to focus on, and how firmly you believe that your opinion is absolute. The truth is, that the vast majority of people do care, and another truth is that, unfortunately, in this life, it doesn't seem like they do - but we can choose anyway, despite appearances, still to focus on the nicer facets of people that present when we are nicer to them :)

3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

.... and if I didn't give a shit, I wouldn't have spent 10 minutes working out and typing the above :) So you're wrong, lol!

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Well said UrPrecious.

I know the world can feel uncaring, but there are people who do give a shit and I've met some of them on here.
    The people, complete strangers, on this forum; got me through the worst time of my life.
    They weren't paid, they have their own problems, but still they took the time out to help me.
    There is kindness in the world, but when a person is in a dark place they just cannot see it.
    I hope you find some light.

5. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Dear Matt - to show you just how way oif the mark you are with your assumption that no-one cares for you or anyone else, I would like to share the following with you:

I do believe that we are all accountable for our own development and also for that of our world. In my view, there is no need to despair over its present state, because in the long course of our evolution over millions of lifetimes, all of us have taken part in making it this way. That’s why it seems only fair to me that now it’s everyone’s duty to do their share of putting things right and making our world a better, safer and more beautiful place to be for everything that shares it with us.

Regardless of that, neither you nor I are our brother/sister’s keeper – they too are responsible for themselves. But, we are all in this life together so we can help each other carry the burdens of Earth life. To enable us to make the progress on our evolutionary pathway that is potentially possible in every lifetime, it is helpful to bear in mind that because of our oneness on the inner level of life, every word, thought and action of one soul influences all others, in a positive as well as a negative sense.

As sparks of the Divine, we are young Gods in the making. The sooner we wake up to our responsibilities towards our own wellbeing and that of our whole world, the better. And because we are all here together to rally round each other in times of need, as best we know how to, that’s the reason for writing this and why I am saying to you now: ‘Don’t give up – go for it! Find healing, walk that wondrous journey of discovery of the self, of the true nature of your being, hand in hand with God and the Angels, who are waiting to be called upon by you. Know that you are loved. It does not matter what you did in the past of what you may presently think, do or say, you are still loved. For one thing, I love you – that is why this is now before you.’

God bless you and may the Angels keep you safe, now and forever.

From ‘The Spiritual Aspects Of Depression And Suicide’

With love and light,
    Aquarius

6. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Not true, I'm actually just grateful and lucky to be alive today.

I don't give a shit what anybody thinks about me or anything.

No one in the entire world knows I post on this forum.

And yet I come here to let people know that they can live through suicidal thoughts and see better days.

So even if you don't give a shit about me, that is ok, and I still DO give a shit about you.

So I don't think that fits into your theory : )

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
  7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

In the past; I tried everything to kill the caring heart that I have. Holding onto anger and rage was easier to deal with than pain and sorrow. But deep inside I always cared.

I care now, and although I still suffer from heartache by the wickedness done in this world; I am glad that I care because it motivates me to do something about it.

8. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but in some ways, I can see his point of view.

We are, in a way, conditioned to care. We get reinforcement by caring. Even if that positive reinforcement is just that it makes us feel better to think we helped someone, is that still not positive reinforcement for your sake? If it didn't make you feel better to care, would you care in the first place? In some cases, people are conditioned to not care, as well. Although I won't deny nature plays a huge role in our personalities, one cannot deny that society and family environment do, too. Society tends to be more accepting of the caring individual. Of course, I'm sure the uncaring one gets rewarded in his own way, too. This is where individualism comes into play. Of course, this belief requires looking at people from a behavioral perspective rather than a humanistic one. I realize some people don't follow that logic, and some can't even stomach the idea that much of what we do is conditioned rather than innate.

But it's food for thought. :book:

9. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I care because it's genuine. And no I do not always get positive reinforcements for it. But it doesn't matter, because I didn't care to get something out if it. I care because I want people to know that they are cared for. Even when they don't believe it themselves.

10. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

So true. Most people are completely oblivious to how conditioned we, as a species in this society, really are. If you ask your average person why they care about someone, of course they'll give the standard responses, but I bet most of them don't truly understand why it is they care. Caring seems more of a "natural" reflex from how we humans are raised rather than a genuine feeling.

11. Aquarius123

Dear Matt,

We are dynamic beings and therefore can only attract towards us that which we ourselves are within. The world around us acts like a mirror of that which goes on within. The corollary of this is that if we want more love in our lives – the way we all do – we first have to become more loving ourselves. All struggles and conflicts on the outer levels of life are invariably reflections of those that are taking place inside us. Everybody is responsible for sorting their own issues and settling their own inner quarrels, as well as those in their outer lives. We have been placed in this life so we may learn how to intelligently deal with all our relationships and to heal those that are in need of it. This needs to be done not only with love in our hearts and consideration for the suffering of those who share our lives with us, but also for the treatment of our own inner wounds.

You can read more about this in
    The Journey Of A Thousand Miles

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  12. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I disagree. I believe caring is part of who we are spiritually. We care because our souls contain the most powerful gift that we can give: love.

I wrote a poem about this very thing in the poem section. Please check it out and see if it fits you.

13. Aquarius123

All the qualities that are in God are also in us and as earthlings each one of us contains the very best as well as the worst. Our potential is unlimited and anything anyone else can do, we can do too. If that’s what we wish with all our heart and soul, within reason the Highest will help us to bring it in manifestation, so that we may learn from the outcome. Any spiritual gift we acquire in the form of wisdom and understanding is ours to keep in all Eternity – no force between Heaven and Earth will or can take them from us.

Top of the list of desirable characteristics we have been placed on the Earth plane to acquire is loving wisely, the way God loves us, totally and unconditionally. This is closely followed by tolerance, honesty, integrity, truthfulness, loyalty, compassion, kindness and simple goodness of heart. We are here to develop the kind of gentleness that is by no means a sign of weakness but of strength of character. Any of these things can only be gained by living through all manner of experiences in the course of a vast number of lifetimes on the Earth plane.

From Away In A Manger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.