Nobody gets it

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by among the stars, Oct 7, 2010.

1. among the stars

among the stars Well-Known Member

I know i said i wouldn't write anymore blogs but this is bugging me and i gotta get it out.

I wanna make myself perfectly clear i am not over my mother's death, i still have loads of things to deal with, i will never be over it and moved on, i cant, she was and is my mom for gods sake, ill learn to cope better but i will never be over this. Every time cancer is mentioned i feel or get sick, that word opens up every wound every memory of my mother. I am in pain and nobody knows and the ones who do don't care anymore, i have given up fighting this because i know i will not win. But just for the record if u wanna ask me if i am "over her death?" don't bother cuz i will not answer you.

2. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm sorry that happened and it's true that getting over it is too much to expect. I just hope that you'll be able to deal with it better, and maybe hurt a little less. :arms:

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You keep grieving and fighting to get past the hurt ok? There is no time frame or cut off for when one should stop grieving and be all better. It affects everyone differently. But it does have one thing in common no matter who you are. Losing anyone hurts. Dont feel like you need to move on because others seem to think you should or have spent enough time grieving. You will know when you are ready to do that.

But please do keep thinking of yourself and your needs right now too. Dont let the grief consume you. You said you will learn to cope. Sometimes getting a little help with that can make the rest not look so overwhelming. There are support groups for those mourning loss of loved ones. Just give it a little thought? You do not need to be alone.

And please dont think for a second that by getting on with your life is in anyway disrespecting your mother or making her life in anyway unimportant. Sit and think. What type of person was your mother? Would she really be happy knowing you're so sad and alone? The best way to honor someone as important as your mom is to show her that you can use the skills and values and morals she gave you to carry on.

Please let those that can help you through this dark time do just that. To the others that just keep asking..... yes,, dont reply. Your silence should shout out your answer for you. :arms:

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hear you and i do understand No one get over losing a loved one noone I do hope in time you will be able to hold your mothers memories with less pain
    Sometimes doing something in memory of your loved one helps i agree as well that your mother would only want you strong and happy and she is watching over you and is still with you and your heart and thoughts.