Nobody Gives A D*mn

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by BumblesWorld, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblesWorld

BumblesWorld Member

I thought i was joining a depression/Suicide support forum?
    Somewhere where ppl would actually notice my posts & maybe post back, well i was wrong i guess.

I posted something this morning and not one person's responded out of all the ppl who read it. I posted yesterday and 2 ppl answered. I see lots of posts with lots of replies. What is wrong with me? This happens in every forum i join. Is it me? I think maybe it is. Well i have had enough of it, this is the last time i will ever try and reach out for help or try and make a connection with anyone. I'm just too tired to try anymore.

I won't be bothering anyone anymore with any of my obviously stupid worthless posts.

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I would like to thank you for calling me and the other person who made an effort to reply to your thread 'nobodies'. That feels good when we did make an effort to reach out and offer what we could.

On a place like this you have to understand that people's actions are a reflection of what they are going through. People may not respond because they don't know what to say, or they are having a rough time, or it triggered them, or they are reading but don't have time to reply right now, or a gazillion other reasons not relating to you. Its important to remember and to rationalise that.

Form your post you sound very hurt that 'no one cares' and 'no one replies', and I wonder if maybe you posted saying you weren't going to post again and were leaving to see if people would care enough to reply? If you genuinely wanted to leave, I suspect you would have gone without posting again. Do you think maybe you were 'testing' us?

I'm not sure if there was a point in this reply because its from a 'no one' but I can't do more than reply.
  3. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I don't always post in every I don't always have the time and/or energy.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want to talk. Or we could talk here, whatever you want...

I wish you well.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
  4. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

Hay I'm busting my balls for you here! You are letting me down :-/
    I live in Europe, I have a life, I volunteer job, I have shit to do! People are not here to abandon you! Put yourself in my position, you have to understand others. If others are to understand you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
  5. Ihatemyselfalot

Ihatemyselfalot Banned Member

PM me any time you want.

I'm a good listener, and I may be able to just have a chat with you if you want to.

I'm not on all the time, but I will certainly talk to you 1 on 1 if you want.
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I wonder if maybe the question 'how many posts have you read on here, but not replied to and why did you not reply to them' might help you think a bit more about the reasons someone might read but not reply. Its more than ok to read and not reply, so please don't think I'm saying you should have replied to those threads, I'm just trying to help you see the other side.
  7. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Hi BumblesWorld, I hope that you read my response to you. I wrote it right after I read your post. Like the above poster said, there are many reasons why people don't respond to every letter. Some people are here because they are in deep pain and are needing help themselves. It's not personal, and not everyone is going to get attention right away, but it's not meant to hurt you. People here do care, but you have to stop and think they are here, a lot of times, because they are on the end of their rope. I hope you do not not see this as something directed to you or that no one cares.:hugtackles:
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Bumbles and welcome to SF. You have to be patient hun. It takes time and energy to respond to posts. I try to respond to as many as I can, because everyone is important and needs as much support as they can get. :hug:
  9. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

Tell me that, I am trying to make mac and cheese for hour now. Can't stop reading posts.
  10. Things

Things Well-Known Member

You always know just what to say. That's exactly what I was going to say.

I'm one of those people who just don't know what to say, or are being triggered. I feel that I have nothing to add to the discussion, so I don't post.
  11. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Slightly the same. At times I just don't have advice for the person unless I know what they are going through, to an extent.

We always do our best, it just depends how we 'feel' at that moment in time.
  12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I understand how you can feel invisible.. I felt the same way..I didn't give up, I kept replying to others and have made many friends..Give it time and keep posting..
  13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I love your posts. :D tho' I'd forget replying to others when I'm suicidal, and reply to myself..

BumblesWorld- I SEE YOU. you know what? keep posting to your own threads till someone talks; if that is what you want. I do that, I just talk to myself, until someone joins me.

You aren't worthless, you just aren't one of the people who gets the bazillion replies, because- I suspect the reason is you are new. It's what happens on forums, generally.

How are you feeling now?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
  14. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

I wasnt on yesterday. Sometimes there are reasons we miss posts. I hope you will give us a second chance. PLEASE STAY. Love and hope are here for you and we will shower you with both!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.