Nobody knows they all know too well....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Typical, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typical

Typical New Member

At the risk of sounding like a broken record player, here I go....

For the first time in my life, tonight I wrote a suicide note. I developed the idea roughly halfway through my work day and when I got home, much to my surprise/dismay I started writing. By the time I finished I was already 4 pages in. The only reason it was so short (relatively speaking) was merely because I didnt want to bore whoever might end up reading it. No, I dont plan on killing myself tonight or any other forseeable night for that matter. I just felt I needed to get it out on paper I suppose.

Ive been fighting depression (or what I theorize may be manic depression) for roughly 10 years now... give or take a few. That being said though, Ive always been VERY anti suicide as a support for my sister who has had similar problems for just as long (if not longer). I always felt I had to be strong for her and in turn she could borrow my strength in the down times. Unfortunately my strength would waver on occasion and Id go into auto pilot mode, Id put on a jovial mask for the world to hide my inner torment, bottle up what I could and wait for the storm to blow over.... However as the years press on (and myself, only having turned 21 earlier this month) I find it harder and harder to care... to Want to hold on. Now the logical thing to do would be to turn to my sister for support and i know this to be true, but with my twisted sense of logic I simply cant do that. For i fear if she sees me caving, all her years of hard work would come crashing down around her. So here I am. I could go on for days explaining my state of affairs in fur something ther detail, but just like in my note, I refuse to bore you any longer. I just needed to Say something.... I guess.

2. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member

Depression is common , atleast you have a goal , that is to remain alive so your sister can be alive.
    It sound strange but two people wanting to die can keep eachother alive for a long time .

No matter what the flaws or outcome , sadly if one goes the other soon will follow .
    That is the tricky part , look at your sister , and just talk with her , don't do anything rash .
    Just tell her how you feel , it is not her moral support comes crashing down .
    Infact it might strengthen her , thus in turn strengthen you .

People always need a reason to live for , especially if everything around us seem a mess .
    That is why one of the reasons we keep looking for other people problems to solve .
    Since most of us know the outcome of own problems .

hope that helps you a bit .

3. L108935

L108935 Well-Known Member

I'd recommend getting a psychiatrist if you think you're depressed. Medication helps a lot from my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.