Nobody really gives a flying crap, do they?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SAVE_ME, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Be honest, nobody really gives a flying crap about me, do they?
  2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

a flying crap? umm :unsure: but really I enjoyed talking to you through pms, and if something happened to you I would be upset. I don't know you incredibly well but I do care.
  3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Maybe not as much as you care about yourself, but people do care. At the very least at a parasitic level where they'd feel bad if you did something to yourself. Not because they didn't want you to, but rather because they couldn't save you .

It's something right :tongue:?
  4. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

i do....
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I do save_me. I may not know you that well,but I do care. :hug:
  6. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i do :hug:
  7. Milly

Milly Well-Known Member

and so do i
  8. SAVE_ME

I'm just feeling a little depressed because hardly anyone I used to speak to bothers with me anymore. And it bothers me because they swore to me that they'd always be there for me, and they'd never forget me. I feel lied to. I was pen pals with one person a while back. He lives across the pond so we'd write, and it's been months since I heard anything from him. Yet I see him on Facebook all the time, chatting to all his other friends, posting bulletins about parties he's throwing for him and all his friends, tagging them in notes. What about me? He never drops me a line asking what's up and stuff. And it's the same with just about everyone else. They've all forgotten that I exist. Would it matter if I died tomorrow? Would any of them care? I think they'd just go about their daily routines as normal. Why do people do this? I thought friendship was supposed to be for life? Not just when it suits you. Honestly, what have I done to make these people resent me so much?
  9. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Lots of people are bad friends. Facebook doesn't often reveal what's really going on in people's lives - they stresses in their life. SIhate feeling abandoned.
  10. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

but of course I give a flying crap about you my dear :hug:

im going through similar situations as you are,
    just know that im here for you :) and im not
    lying when i say that.

feel free to private message me
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
  11. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

Have you looked at it from their perspective? Have you made an effort to reach out to your pen pal? If not maybe he/she feels the same way and feels forgotten. If you dont get a response then you know for sure to not put any energy toward a friendship with that person. Same goes with anyone else.

You also have to ask yourself why you would want people to react a certain way if indeed you did die. If you died would you want people to grieve and live in pain for the rest of their lives? Or would you rather them find a way to move on and enjoy life for themselves? Because the truth is regardless of someones feelings towards you (you being general), when you die everyone eventually does either for the most part go back to the normal routine of life, or live in grief and pain. (and probably a mix of the two). Whether or not dieing changes the way someone feels about someone is beyond the point because the person who dies wont be here to experience it anyway.

Very few friendships are for life. People move, people grow, change, and eventually friendships do too. Its not about holding on to someone for tomorrow because you'll be saying the same thing when tomorrow comes while not experiencing any good times with this person. Its about holding on to someone for right now, regardless of whether or not you are still good friends later in life.

The fact is a friendship is based on giving and taking. So it is very much so based on what someone can gain from you at any point in time. This can be good, this can be bad.

In my opinion an example of an unhealthy relationship would be one where friend A is nice to friend B, simply becasue friend B has a car to take friend A where ever friend A chooses to go without paying gas money or ever returning the favor. Friend A is manipulating Friend B for a ride, and Friend B is enabling this to feel wanted.

A healthy relationship is one where friend A makes friend B laugh. Both of you are gaining something from one another, but its not at the cost of someones well being, and the feelings and experiences are shared. Your post seems to be centered around "me" and "i" and a little more "me". Maybe you should think about a friendship as "us".
  12. SAVE_ME

But I did try. They just seem to have lost interest. I've tried reaching out to them countless times and gotten no response. Same goes for my ex. I treated her like a goddess and look what she did. People take advantage of me all the time only to dump me later when they get bored of me. They're the ones who use me. And it's pretty hard not to go into all this "me me I" crap, because when they go and do that, it leaves me stressing over what I could've done to chase them away, what I did to them that was so bad that I deserved that. I've been nothing short of nice to anyone and they've all stabbed me in the back. I can't help but think it must reflect on 'me' as a person.
  13. allison

allison Well-Known Member

I believe all of us here care about one another. It's a blessing having a supportive forum like this. Although I don't know you, or any other people here (yet), I always care about how a person feels, and no one should feel nobody cares about them. I hope you feel better <3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.